Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards®, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
- Job Position: Cook’s Helper
- Job Number: 21019316
- Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
- Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
- Schedule: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Management
- Marriott International’s portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
- Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
- JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum services.
- Notify the manager if a product does not meet specifications. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food. Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served.
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacle. Set-up, clean and break down work station.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Prepare and cook food.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.