iMMAP is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Job Position: INGO Forum North-west Coordinator
Job Location: Abuja
Status: National Employee
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Identify gaps and establish coordination mechanisms between humanitarian, recovery, peace, and development INGOs at the Federal and State levels to allow the Forum to respond to member priorities, issues, and opportunities for engagement in the North-West Region.
- Co-chair the North-West Coordination group alongside UNICEF according to the Group’s ToR.
- Facilitate structured and effective information exchange both between internal INGO members and with external partners (NNGOs, UN, Government, Media, International community, etc)
- Collaborate closely with REACH, iMMAP, and other data analysis organizations and units on key humanitarian issues to allow for the gathering of data on the humanitarian situation in the region.
- Draft in collaboration with NIF Director and Policy advisor NW-related updates, policy briefs, and other similar materials.
- Support the identification and implementation of strategic and operational priorities with a focus on ensuring local perspectives inform the Forum’s work on NW Nigeria.
- Stay abreast and informed of key developments in the policy and regulatory environment and provide relevant advice on opportunities for engagement.
- Participate in key humanitarian and development planning events and processes ensuring INGOs inputs.
- Work with the Director to strengthen engagement with Government entities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in International Development Studies preferred but not required;
- Experience working with government institutions in northwest Nigeria.
- Strong influential relationships with the Nigerian government and other stakeholders in Zamfara, Sokoto and Katsina states can yield positive results.
- University degree in conflict and development, international relations, international humanitarian law or related technical field.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian coordination system and the mandates of the actors involved.
- Good knowledge of the security environment and economic, and socio-political dynamics in northwest Nigeria.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience working in a humanitarian setting.
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Commitment to and understanding of international humanitarian standards and principles.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
- Ability to work based on objectives.
- Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office and Google Suites.
13th August 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.