Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting-edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
- Job Position: Core IP Network Team lead / Architect
- Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Design, monitor, manage, optimize and maintain Core IP network (Routers, Switches, International connections, domestic backhaul, base stations connectivity, excluding last mile client links).
- Continuously monitor network activity to be able to predict future failures and notify and escalate current issues until closure.
- Manage & maintain core servers such as DNS, NTP, SPAM gateway, AAA, Monitoring, Syslog, Configuration management.
- Manage, troubleshooting of MPLS network (EoMPLS) implemented on all PoP’s. Traffic Engineering of MPLS network where necessary.
- Manage, troubleshoot & monitor backhaul.
- Make use of available backhaul network bandwidth efficiently, distribute loads, or load sharing where necessary.
- Identify any performance issues, make necessary recommendations.
- Implement automatic failover of links, performance routing.
- Develop Preventive maintenance procedures to increase the availability of core services.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are scheduled as per maintenance policies
- Manage Data Center to ensure an orderly and secure environment.
- Maintain 99.999 % availability of core services & Monitor network stability, availability, and performance.
- Automatic alerting and escalating systems for device failure, performance issues, link failure, or quality-related issues.
- Implement/manage & maintain Out of band monitoring of all core devices in POP’s & other remote locations
- Develop framework and procedures for monitoring network elements
- Implement a system for Log collection & management. Strategy to analyze log data periodical & take necessary actions where necessary.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Forecast and plan core network expansion prior to congestion based on sales forecasting and extrapolation of usage.
Network Optimization and Traffic engineering:
- Optimal use of available international bandwidth from different providers, escalate any issue to Tier I providers. Automatic failover in case of link failures, Ensure performance-based routing.
- Identify and classify traffic flows to relieve congestion and enhance user experience
- Ensure that IP transit routes are optimal and deliver the highest performance in the industry
- Maintain Speedtest.net ratings for Netcom at the top tier.
Network Security Management:
- Implement industry best practices for Security of core devices, implement templates where necessary & AAA system where necessary.
- Handle Spam / Public IP blacklist issue handling/customer awareness of Spam issues / Handling of customer spam issues.
- Implement Network Security Operations Center in NOC.
Network Documentation & Configuration Management:
- Maintain current IP Address registration information with Afrinic
- Maintain IP Address records for Netcom IP addresses
- Implement network documentation templates, standards & management procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date network documentation & version/change history.
- Configuration management, periodical backups & track changes.
- Develops strict Change management procedure within the organization & eliminate any unauthorized changes on core devices or infrastructure such as power, backhaul.
Network Vendor Management (core network hardware / network providers):
- Liaise with providers to ensure that services are operating at proper function and performance.
- Provide level 3 network support for all network issues.
- Provide Weekly report of Core Networks.
- Ensure implementation projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Implement industry standard Operational practices within the team.
- Evaluate various new technologies/products, make a recommendation to management where necessary
- Develop policies and procedures as necessary to remain ISO9000/TL9000 compliant
- Develop Staff skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics / Communications / Network / Computer Engineering
- CCAr Architect (CCDE previous) and CCIE Routing and Switching certification or equivalent.
- At least 5 years in a similar role for regional or nation-wide servicing ISP with national backhaul and international backbone circuits and global clients.
- At least 5 to 8 years demonstrable and proven experience in I.T architectural design and technology development within their specialty field, specifically in design and deployment of IT Technical and reference architectures
- At least 8 years of demonstrable experience in Network and Voice operations and services, specifically, WAN (MPLS, SD-WAN), VPN, LAN, WIFI, Firewalls, UTM, Security, Monitoring (NOC), VoIP, SIP, ISDN.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Traits:
- Expert IP Networking and Fiber Optic Network skills.
- Technical, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT/Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office software, other company, and specific software applications)
- Strong organizational skills, effective leadership skills, and confident decision-making ability.
- Patience and the ability to deal with people.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Availability in response to needs of the internal or customer for installation, maintenance, and equipment malfunctions.
- Willing to perform work and support outside office hours.
- Highly motivated and resourceful.
- Team player and be able to prioritize different requests and requirements.
Desirable Skill / Knowledge / Trait:
- Project Management Professional, ITIL Professional
- Ability to steer through complex decisions, engaging key stakeholders in the process and be able to communicate regularly to the business and the team
- Ability to work well under pressure, to tight timescales and priorities, with a focus on cost-control and security, in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills required (e.g. listening, verbal, written) to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Must be a self-starter to keep up with fast-changing trends. Technical, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online