Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world-class business school that will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
- Job Position: Corporate Communication Officer
- Job Location: Lagos
- The successful candidate will create and manage the perception of LBS as a world-class brand.
- To be successful in this role, you must possess an in-depth local knowledge of our business and management among key stakeholders while also devising an exceptional marketing strategy for the school.
Include but not limited to:
- Generate content for the website and annual report – research and compile news stories and relevant information about the School and Faculty.
- Prepare and issue news releases about achievements, programs, and major school events.
- Create Content and ensure Faculty footprint in the media by sourcing interviews, opinions for editorials, articles, etc. – Present (edit) academic information in a reader-friendly manner.
- Build and manage relationships with the press. Prepare and issue press invitations to media houses for major school events.
- Monitor news about and related to the school in the media.
- Work with the graphic artist to prepare newspaper adverts, in-house flyers, and posters for the School’s programs. Monitor for quality and accuracy of the content.
- Staff newsletter project management – work with the graphic artist to prepare the monthly staff newsletter after researching and compiling stories and relevant information.
- Manage internal communications
- Help execute cross-functional projects such as the career fair, alumni exhibitions, graduation ceremonies.
- Manage the store of branded items- procurement, stock management, retrieval, reconciliation, order management.
- Manage publications store–stock management, retrieval, order management
- Proofread and edit all publications to be published or circulated to external parties.
- Perform a monthly audit on outgoing correspondence.
- Manage relationships with and prepare payments for vendors; keep records of all payments made.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (preferably Mass Communication or English)
- Professional Qualification – NIPR, APCON membership
- Should have at least 3-5 years experience working in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a zeal for continuous professional improvement.
- Results-focused, a self-starter, energetic, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Business writing, journalistic and administrative skills
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate communication/ public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative writing skills and conceptualization.
31st March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online