First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Job Position: Associate 2, Corporate Finance and Capital Optimization
Job Location: Lagos
- Responsible for executing the corporate finance activities of FirstBank Group, including mergers & acquisition, capital optimization and investment management.
- Coordinate the credit ratings process of the group to ensure the Group’s credit rating is achieved and maintained.
- Promote policies, processes, and guidelines to enhance corporate finance, capital management, ratings and investment activities of FirstBank Group.
- Execute inorganic growth plans (M&A, partnerships, etc) of FirstBank Group.
- Prepare the valuation of investments opportunities as well as optimization of same for value accretive purposes.
- Execute the end-to-end management of capital across all group entities, including ICAAP.
- Ensure compliance with the Group Capital Management Framework.
- Execute capital raising of all forms, including Tier I and Tier II.
- Support the actualize the allocation of capital as required to optimize shareholder value.
- Manage the Bank’s portfolio of investments to optimize returns
- Plan the evolution of the Bank’s credit rating.
- Facilitate the Bank’s credit rating process to achieve set target credit rating.
- Facilitate all other corporate finance activities of operating entities in FirstBank Group.
- Coordinate all relevant management, board and regulatory approvals for capital raising corporate finance decisions and investments of the FirstBank Group.
- Track performance of corporate finance activities post acquisition to quantify value accretion gained.
- Provide insight on the financial performance of potential targets and expected value accretion from transactions.
- Recommend optimal transaction structures for corporate finance transactions for the Firstbank Group.
- Track activities required to ensure target rating is obtained once achieved.
- Prepare reports and presentation to engage the Management Committee (MANCO) and Board of Directors on potential targets and transaction opportunities.
- Perform periodic scanning of the industry for corporate finance and investment opportunities.
- First Degree in Accounting, Economics or related discipline.
- Strong preference for Postgraduate Degree or other professional qualification.
- CFA, ACA, ACCA, CPA , MBA.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in corporate finance, investment banking and capital management in Financial Services or related industry.
- 6+ years of proven track record in Financial Analysis, Financial accounting and reporting.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Professional accounting qualification such as CPA, ACCA, ACA, CPA, MBA or its equivalent plus at least 10 years post qualification years’ experience, with relevant / specific banking experience.
- Broad understanding of banking practice.
- Excellent knowledge of financial analysis and financial accounting.
15th Sepetember, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online