Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across 40 countries with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We are Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world, including Balderton Capital and Naspers.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to buy, store, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
Job Position: Country Manager
Job Location: Lagos
The role in a nutshell:
- We’re looking for a smart, passionate Country Manager to join our team full-time! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to build and lead the business in Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for managing all on-the-ground relationships with regulators, banks and the media as well as leading and building a highly ambitious team to serve the market and execute exciting growth strategies to help Luno scale.
Your mission will involve:
- Work closely with leadership across product and marketing to define and execute a return-to-market strategy once operating challenges are resolved
- You will define and implement local marketing and growth strategies together with your colleagues from PR, Brand and Growth Marketing and build engaged local online and offline communities
- You will gather actionable insights from customer research to improve local product and customer experience together with the related teams
- Develop and maintain strategic, long-term trusting relationships with high-volume clients
- You will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in your markets, in particular regulators, financial service providers, merchants and media and become Luno’s local spokesperson
- As part of Luno Nigeria’s regulatory license application with the SEC, perform the duties of a Sponsored Individual to the Luno Nigeria entity with reasonable care, skill and diligence
- Together with the Business Development lead for Nigeria, develop a partnership strategy delivering significant support in acquiring valuable customers.
The Ideal Lunaut, will have:
- Led a country or regional consumer business arm/product with international exposure.
- You have experience of working in a regulated environment and the ability to handle industry and regulatory complexities
- You are experienced in building and running growth marketing across online and offline channels
- You are experienced in leading and scaling up a team in an international company
- You have a friendly, transparent, articulate disposition with a drive to succeed
- Experience in driving and monitoring marketing and operational metrics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial bias towards action combined with the rigour to see things through until completion
- Interest and knowledge of cryptocurrencies, in particular, Bitcoin and Ethereum and the AML/CFT issues presented by the industry.
In the first six months, you will:
- Have supported the license completion and prepared Luno Nigeria to restore its traditional product offering
- Have formulated local strategies for your market and successfully executed multiple measures with a visible impact on user growth
- Have identified key challenges and opportunities in your market and prioritised strategic projects
- Have built strong relationships with a valuable network of key stakeholders in your market
- Sponsored and driven product improvements for Luno Nigeria
- Built strong cross functional relationships across the Luno Group.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online