Fadac Resources and Services – Our client is the leading rating agency in Africa in terms of coverage and analytical presence on the continent. They have regional hubs in Mauritius, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, and Senegal. Their rating portfolio expands to over 500 entities, in more than 25 countries, and across multiple business sectors.
Job Position: Credit Analyst
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- We require the services of an experienced Nigeria-based Credit Analyst who will be working within their analytical team. This team focuses on all insurers, corporates, banks, and non-bank financial institutions across the African continent.
- Write in-depth, high-quality, and focused research on credit trends, including thought-leading reports on insurance, corporates, banks, and banking trends.
- Become a recognized authority on your portfolio of rated entities and developments in the sector. Perform in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a portfolio of Nigerian financial institutions/insurance companies and corporates. Present your analysis at committees.
- Develop a detailed understanding of, and ability to apply relevant methodologies.
- Monitor developments and ensure ratings are accurate and forward-looking.
- Build and maintain high-quality relationships with fixed-income investors, financial media, and senior management at financial institutions.
- Operate independently but supported by the rest of the analytical team in enhancing the Banking, Corporate, and Insurance franchise, in particular through developing and deepening outreach with key external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate should have a strong academic background at least equivalent to B.Sc in relevant areas.
- Must have 1-5 years work experience
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proven credit/risk assessment experience including strong financial analysis experience, likely to be gained from a financial institution, regulator, or public accounting firm.
- Understanding of Nigerian corporates/banks/insurers and their regulatory environment and the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Highly organized and efficient, with the ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.