Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
- Job Position: Credit Operations Specialist
- Job Location: Lagos
About the Role
- We are looking for driven, passionate and committed individuals to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond.
- As our Credit Operations Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to analyze the credit-worthiness of Merchants requesting a credit line from Flutterwave.
Additional Job Summary
- Play a key role in recommending new credit transactions and extension of credit following a thorough research and analysis of financial documents presented by Merchants/Clients. This would entail assessing and making decisions about customers’ credit applications using a range of criteria, including the purpose for the loan application and credit viability, customer payment history, and creditworthiness.
- Own the responsibility of accurately evaluating the level of risk, tying in all possible repayment sources, including earnings, cash flow, capital adequacy/asset quality, re-financing, collateral protection, and guarantees.
- Integrate into the Risk analysis of the impact of external factors, including management, market, strategy, industry, and economic climate.
- Be responsible for completing a thorough, detailed, and accurate credit analysis before a loan request can be granted; and consistently formulates action-oriented and constructive recommendations to improve the Flutterwave’s level of credit risk.
- Review Merchants’ financials and conducting sensitivity analysis to evaluate credit risk in connection with the Flutterwave’s structures.
- Effectively communicate with lenders, customers, management, etc. to obtain additional information and/or relay information; as well as negotiate with lenders concerning underwriting and effectively arrive at a loan structure that is within the Flutterwave’s. Credit appetite.
- Be responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations with respect to credit transactions in addition to the bank’s operation policies and procedures.
- Work directly with clients to resolve compliance issues and operational inquiries. E.g legal documentation, etc.
- Enter, update, and retrieve information for credit applications, and review credit applications when needed.
- Analyze financial data, statements, and trends, and set new Merchants credit limits based on findings.
- Recommend credit limits following company credit policies.
- Conduct credit reviews of existing Merchants.
- Actively monitor risk trends on behalf of management and Relationship Management team
- Responsible for drawing up loan packages for new and restructured loans.
- Perform cash-flow analysis of businesses to designate the degree of risk associated with extending credit for a Merchant.
- Ensure that all approved loan applications are in conformity with the Flutterwave lending criteria.
- Utilize data from analysis of client records to recommend payment plans.
- Responsible for conferring with credit associations/Bureau and references to exchange credit information on clients.
- Apply financial ratios through computer programs to evaluate the client’s financial status.
- Provide filled/completed loan applications, credit analysis, and loan request summaries to the credit committees for their approval.
- Provide support in monitoring loan disbursements to ensure compliance with Flutterwave’s policies.
Required Competency and Skillset
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or any other quantitative field.
- 3-5 years Postgraduate experience in a credit Operations function.
- Essential to possess work experience in the financial sector (to gain hands-on experience of accounting, account receivable, and credit processing
- Strong mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications,
- Research ability, sound decision making,
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong time management skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- A keen eye for details
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online