Blueslip Limited – Our client is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Position: Curriculum Developer
- Job Location: Lagos
- We ae looking for an experienced, creative curriculum developer to create and revise education curriculum for multiple content areas. This role includes in-person meetings with subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Your responsibilities as a curriculum developer involve all aspects of instruction, from the textbooks to the teaching methods.
- You are also involved in developing training programs, whether working with a group or one-on-one to teach instructional techniques.
- That makes excellent interpersonal skills essential for success in this position.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and/or other technical experts to create a curriculum with the following components:
- Course outlines
- Course syllabi
- Lesson plans
- Classroom activities
- PowerPoint presentations
- Multimedia supplemental materials such as podcasts, webinars, etc.
- Collaborate with and take direction from the program manager, other AJAC curriculum developers, subject matter experts, and instructors
- Update training, instructional, and curriculum materials on a consistent basis
- Interview subject matter experts or conduct other research to develop instructional content
- Participate and facilitate as directed curriculum review and subject matter advisory meetings, incorporating facilitation tools such as DACUM
- Differentiate instructional content or delivery methods for students and different classroom environments levels or types of learners
- Make recommendations regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options
- Evaluate and revise training materials such as texts, outlines, and handouts
- Conduct needs assessments and strategic learning assessments to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula
- Recommend instructional methods such as individual or group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, and role-playing appropriate for content and learner characteristics
- Analyze student performance data to determine the effectiveness of instructional systems, courses, or instructional materials
- Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to the ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction
- Define instructional, learning, or performance objectives
- Develop measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction or training interventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, or a related discipline required
- MBA is a compulsory requirement
- 4-6 years’ experience developing curriculum
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in curriculum design, adult learning principles, and effective assessment strategies
- Knowledge of digital learning tools and the ability to select teaching methods appropriate for industry and audience
- Experience working with subject matter experts (SME) to develop accurate, relevant content, including demonstrated facilitation skills
- Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to receive and incorporate feedback into course material from program leads, subject matter experts, students, and instructors
- Knowledge of copyright and trademark rules for writing and delivering content and graphics
- Excellent computer skills including experience with computer-based training software and current e-Learning tools and Management Systems, Adobe Illustrator, etc. as well as Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to manage, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks
- Ability to reliably meet project deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, and flexible.
21st February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.