At Tuteria, we’re driven by a mission to make quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love.
Though we’ve had some early successes, we believe we can transform the way millions of people teach, learn and access education in Africa and beyond – and that we will achieve this by working with talented people who want to make a change in education and giving them space, resources and support to do the best work of their lives.
About the Role
- We’re looking to hire a passionate, and proactive Customer Service Associate to provide exceptional support to our numerous clients and tutors in Abuja. This includes receiving walk-in guests, providing helpful information about our services, helping clients find the best tutors, closing sales, following up customers, answering questions, and providing support to the Class Facilitators.
- In this role, you’ll work with the Group Training team to ensure the smooth running of group lessons, and also with the private tutoring team to help clients connect with the best tutors in Abuja. You’ll also provide contacts and insights into how best Tuteria can acquire more clients in Abuja.
- Our team is small but highly effective, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
- This is a full-time role based in Tuteria’s office in Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria; you will be required to work on most weekends.
What you’ll be doing
- Make outbound and inbound calls, messages, and emails to ensure all clients and tutors get the best service.
- Work with other colleagues to find and place suitable tutors for client requests.
- Follow up on all request from customers via phone, email, WhatsApp or any other means of communication to ensure they book lessons.
- Identify customer needs or complaints and cater to them as they arise, and inform management.
- Selling, cross-selling and up-selling clients on various services offered by Tuteria.
- Supervise group lessons at our Wuse 2 center, ensure students are getting the best from the lessons.
- be Tuteria’s primary contact person in Abuja and spearhead the company’s efforts there.
- Perform other activities assigned from time to time.
- What it’ll take to succeed.
- Are passionate about educational services, and would love to be a part of our vision to improve access to high-quality education in Africa. You’ll correspond with hundreds of customers across Nigeria to ensure they have a memorable learning experience.
- Are empathetic, friendly, have great customer satisfaction mentality, enjoy talking with people and be ready to do whatever it takes to get customers to use our services. You must be great at establishing rapport with customers and colleagues.
- Are persuasive, and have a proven ability to sell anything to anyone.
- Have great listening skills to understand what the customer really wants and also have the patience to handle conversations effectively irrespective of the customer’s skill level.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Must have 1 – 2 years experience.
- Are organized and detail-oriented.
You should have:
- First-class command of written and spoken English, with a clear, mature accent that inspires confidence in customers.
- Strong negotiation skills, be able to persuade or convince customers, and go to any length to close sales fast.
- A functional laptop, and the ability to use the computer very well especially MS Excel and Google Docs.
- NYSC clearance certificate, and availability to work full-time even on weekends, preferably staying close to Wuse, Abuja.
- A knack for talking with a lot of customers, and have excellent phone etiquette.
What We Offer
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
- N100,000 monthly salary.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Annual learning development stipend.
- 10 days of paid leave excluding public holidays.
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Company pension contribution.