54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
Job Title: Customer Support Representative (Diagnostics)
- The customer support representative (Diagnostics) is responsible for providing superior service with each customer interaction in a friendly and timely manner.
- He/She manages customers queries and complaints by maintaining a high level of standard that support 54gene’s reputation.
- They collaborate with all departments to develop a framework for excellent support and drive efficient first response time, Average response time, total handle time for the Diagnostics business.
- Communicate with customers through various 54gene channels (Chat, phone, and emails)
- Manage the platforms as it relates to resolving customer issues (Ticket opening)
- Provides a first step resolution of customer related issues as it relates to Diagnostics platforms issues (Consumers and providers)
- Keeps records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Escalates issues to various departments and coordinates the implementation of corrective measures related to Diagnostics platforms (Consumers and Providers)
- On an ongoing basis, generate insights that guides and improve 54gene’simage amongst consumers.
- Providing feedback to various departments on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Periodically surveys customers to identify customers perception on 54gene’s strengths and opportunity in the Diagnostics market in Nigeria.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries and Provide customer service levels within the framework of “Going the Extra Mile”, but not to the detriment of 54gene.
Education & Certifications
- High School Diploma, General Education Degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the medical field (As a medical or Diagnostics representative)
- Previous experience in customer support would be a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Comfortable using computers.
- Good listening skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to follow-through
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences, internally and externally
- Ability to build rapport and connect with people
- Understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM/client database software systems
- Understanding of diagnostics and the science focus of the business
- Ability to thrive in a complex, cross-functional and science-driven environment
- Cross-cultural competency: ability to work with a diverse team
- English fluency: fluency in Yoruba, Igbo and/or Hausa will be a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.