Wakanow is Africa’s leading, full-service online travel company. At Wakanow, we understand that everyone likes easy and affordable travel services, so we provide our customers with a one-stop booking portal for Flights, Hotels, Visa Assistance, Holiday Packages, Airport Transfers, an international Travel SIM, a Prepaid Travel Card, a Loyalty program, and much more.
Job Position: Cyber Security Specialist
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for providing security for an organization’s overall IT systems. They search for vulnerabilities in software, hardware, networks, and data centers and design strategies and defensive systems to protect against attacks and threats
- Conduct threat and risk analysis and analyze the business impact of new and existing systems and technologies to eliminate risk, performance, and capacity issues.
- Implement vulnerability assessments and configure audits of operating systems, web servers, and databases and detect patterns, insecure features, and malicious activities in the infrastructure.
- Perform research, testing, evaluation, and deployment of security technology and procedures.
- Run diagnostics on any changes to data to verify any undetected breaches.
- Develop custom systems for specialized security features and procedures for software systems, networks, data centers, and hardware.
- Develop and implement information security standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Develop firewalls to secure the network infrastructure.
- Keep current with new intrusion methods and develop protection plan and having an in-depth understanding of vulnerabilities, management systems, and common security applications.
- Conduct counteractive protocols and report incidents by offering customized risk ratings for vulnerabilities based on company policies and maintain IT security controls documentation.
- Grant permissions and privileges to authorized users.
- Configure anti-virus systems and consoles and conduct software upgrades.
- Have an in-depth understanding of OWASP testing methodology, Dynamic and Static Application Security Testing, re-engineering, automation, ASP.NET/JAVA, IDS/IPS systems, Burp Suite, Nmap, Nessus, Qualys, and Metasploit, etc.
Key Skills & Competencies Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- Proven work experience as a Cyber Security Specialist or similar role
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Proficiency with antivirus and security software
- Working knowledge of a wide range of datacenter technologies including: Local (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN); NAS and/or SAN storage technologies. Firewalls, and VPN Network protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)™
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)™
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+™
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA-Security)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) – Windows Server Administration Fundamentals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online