Ambrose Alli University aims is to be a centre of excellence in teaching and research and in the total development of the individual person in tune with the socio-cultural environment and technological realities of a dynamic world.
Job Position: Data Analyst
Job Location: Ekpoma, Edo
- A Data Analyst collects, cleans, and interprets data sets in order to answer a question or solve a problem.
- They work in many industries, including business, finance, criminal justice, science, medicine, and government.
- Gather data
- Clean data: Raw data might contain duplicates, errors, or outliers. Cleaning the data means maintaining the quality of data in a spreadsheet or through a programming language so that the interpretations will not be wrong or skewed.
- Model data: This entails creating and designing the structures of a database. Determine the type of data to store and collect, establish how data categories are related to each other, and work through how the data actually appears.
- Interpret data: Interpreting data will involve finding patterns or trends in data that could answer the question at hand.
- Present: Communicating the results of the findings will be a key part of the job. The analyst do this by putting together visualizations like charts and graphs, writing reports, and presenting information to interested parties.
- And any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Director and the University Management.
- Data analyst should be able to use a wide variety of tools to make their work more accurate and efficient. These tools include: Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, Tableau, R or Python, SAS, Microsoft Power BI, and Jupyter Notebooks.
30th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their Applications with 25 copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials to the Acting Registrar via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. The detailed Curriculum Vitae should include:
- Full names
- Place and date of birth
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- State of Origin/LGA
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Qualifications indicating dates/class and institutions, as well as other qualifications and distinctions.
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts.
- List of publications, patents, designs and so on.
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- GSM Number & e-mail Address.
Note: Applicants are required to state the names and addresses of their Referees who are to forward reports direct on their behalf to the Acting Registrar on or before the closing date.