Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
Job Position: Data Analyst
Job Location: Abuja
- The “MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership” (MCGL), is a four-year USAID funded project led by Jhpiego in consortium partnership with Save the Children, PACT and The Manhoff Group (TMG). The project focuses on Prevention and Mitigation of the consequences of violence against women and girls and addressing possible drivers of Forced Early and Child Marriage (CEFM) and will be implemented in Sokoto and Ebonyi States, to address four technical areas such as Sexual violence (SV), Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), CEFM and Early adoption of family planning.
- One of the key formative assessment activities implemented is the GBV services mapping in MCGL focus LGAs (11 per state) in Sokoto and Ebonyi, which was conducted in 2021. However, MCGL plans to expand this exercise to cover the remaining LGAs in Sokoto and Ebonyi State i.e. 12 in Sokoto and 2 in Ebonyi respectively.
- Hence, the project seeks qualified Data Analyst who will analyze and write reports, following completion of the data collection. The goal of this activity is to map existing GBV prevention and management services available, as well as potential barriers to care, towards improving co-ordination and availability of GBV services in the targeted LGAs in Ebonyi and Sokoto State.
- Lead the analysis of data and information (qualitative and quantitatve) from the field work and prepare the data assessment report.
Working closely with the MEL Advisor and other MCGL technical staff assigned, the Data Analyst will:
- Participate in data collection training for data collectors and field testing of the tools.
- Remotely supervise the field work in the two states of implementation(Sokoto and Ebonyi) (via a whatsapp group).
- Prepare and share code book and dummy tables.
- Participate in data review, analysis and report writing workshop in Sokoto and Ebonyi.
- Lead the study data analysis and report writing for the data assessment.
- Lead the development of GBV Services Referral Directories, Referral Maps and Pathway for each of the states.
- An advanced Degree in Sociology, Medical or Health Sciences research or Biostatistics is required
- Prior experience leading or supporting similar research projects is an advantage
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, community surveys and good publication track records are desirable
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are essential
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines at short notice
- Excellent report writing skills
- Familiarity with international donors and social development report writing requirements will be an added advantage
- Good computer skills and competence with data analysis softwares including SPSS, STATA, Atlas.ti, R is desirable.
- Knolwedge of ArcGIS is an added advantage.
Your specific deliverables are:
Acitivity report detailing work done and recommendations including:
- Statistical analysis of available data
- Code books and dummy tables
- Interpretation of analysed data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Draft Report of assessment in the two states
- GBV Referral Maps and Referral Directories.
N50,000 Per Day
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online