Charterhouse aims to create a British-style international school reflecting the heritage and culture of the great UK independent schools. We are in search of courageous individuals who embrace challenges head-on and defy conventional expectations. We seek leaders who have the vision to set ambitious targets for students and staff; and who are unafraid to dream big and set lofty goals that will drive our school’s growth and success.
Job Position: Data and Management Information System (MIS) Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- The role will work across the school functions to ensure the effective and efficient operation of iSAMS, and other systems, including business analysis, maintenance of content, setting up forms and reports, monitoring the consistency and quality of data, providing support and training to Teaching and Business staff, coordinating upgrades, and managing the relationship with third-party suppliers.
- Given the nature of the data held within the school, a high regard for Data Protection will be required.
- There will be close integration and cooperation with the IT department.
- Establish and maintain data governance policies, procedures, and standards to ensure data integrity, privacy, and security.
- Develop and implement data collection strategies, ensuring data quality, accuracy, and completeness. Manage data storage, backup, and retrieval processes.
- Design, develop, and maintain management information systems to provide timely and accurate reports for various departments within the organization.
- Collaborate with various departments to understand their data needs and provide support for data-related projects and initiatives.
- Implement data security protocols and ensure compliance with data protection regulations, such as GDPR, the NDPA 2023 (Nigeria Data Protection Act 2023), and the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 or other relevant data privacy laws.
- Oversee the selection and management of data management software and tools, ensuring they meet the organization’s needs.
- keeping an up-to-date record of all software used by the school, and ensuring license renewals are always reviewed for relevance and value for money.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Management, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree (desirable).
- The applicant must be highly personable and have the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- It is essential that the successful applicant be adept in all Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel & Word.
- Experience of working in a school and with school systems is desired but training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Have an adaptable and approachable working style, significant attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise their workload in a busy environment.
- Proven experience in data management, database administration, and MIS development, in particular, previous use of ISAMS is preferred.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online