Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
- Job Position: Data Scientist
- Job Location: Lagos
- If you are passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems and experienced in being in a team of highly competent software engineers impacting millions of lives around you, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
- This job is responsible for extracting, analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to Airtel Business and its various LOBs.
- This requires that the candidate should have right combination of technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Identifying the data-analytics problems that offer the greatest opportunities to the organization
- Determining the correct data sets and variables
- Collecting large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources
- Cleaning and validating the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Devising and applying models and algorithms to mine the stores of big data
- Analyzing the data to identify patterns and trends
- Interpreting the data to discover solutions and opportunities
- Communicating findings to stakeholders using visualization and other means
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Social sciences, Physical sciences, and Statistics
- Masters in Data science, Mathematics, Astrophysics or any other related field (Add on)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in database interrogation and analysis tools such as Hadoop, SQL and SAS.
- In depth knowledge of data analytical tools, preferably R Programming.
- Python, Java, Perl, or C/C++ coding expertise
- Sql/Database coding expertise.
- Knowledge of working on Apache Spark
- Experience on Data Visualization tools like ggplot, d3.js and Matplottlib, and Tableau or any other.
- Should have Machine Learning and AI skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in order to explain your work to people who don’t understand the mechanics behind data analysis
- Effective listening skills in order to understand the requirements of the business
- Drive and the resilience to try new ideas if the first one doesn’t work – you’ll be expected to work with minimal supervision, so it’s important that you’re able to motivate yourself
- Planning, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Team working skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online