NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population.
Job Position: Senior Data Scientist
Job Location: Lagos
- As the world’s largest research organization, Nielsen is powered by talented creative scientists. Our Data Scientist Business Leaders come from diverse disciplines such as statistics, research methodology, mathematics, psychology, business, engineering, physics and demography.
- These professionals drive innovation, new product ideation, develops complex analysis and delivery of data insights to measure what consumers buy.
- Own Data Science solutions for client request and provide initial recommendation for complex client raised issues.
- Support Internal and External Clients with the understanding of Data Science design and methodology.
- Accompanied senior leaders meet with clients to understand business needs and help offer innovative solutions.
- Work on creating new solutions use cases, proof of concept and prototypes by exploring diverse data sets using tools such as python/r.
- Understand Nielsen product and services to suggest to new solutions for client challenges.
- Collaborate with other Data Science team units.
- Automate and develop solutions for existing processes.
- Innovate and create out of the box solutions by leveraging large and diverse data sets and state of the art technologies.
Education / Experience:
- Professionals with Degrees in Maths, Data Science, Statistics, or related fields involving statistical analysis of large data sets.
- 0 – 3 years of experience in market research or relevant field.
Soft Skills qualifications:
- Passionate about innovation and technology
- Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to effectively convey complex concepts to non-experts
- Intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers to questions
- Eager to continuously learn and adapt to changing technologies and tools.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels. (Preferred)
- Entrepreneur mindset (Preferred)
Analytical and Technical skills:
- Solid understanding of Statistics.
- Good aptitude for data analysis.
- Critical/ logic thinking.
- Familiar with programing language such as Python/R.
- Familiar with contemporary database systems.
Preferred / Desired Qualifications:
- Working knowledge with data visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, etc) and mapping tools.
- Working knowledge with collaboration tools such as Google Suite(Googlesite, Google Data Studio), Atlassian, Git, Bitbucket and Confluence.
- Familiar with Machine Learning
- Familiarity with marketing analytics, including designing experiment and consumer behavior analysis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online