Cavista, our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions. We ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through a global network of innovation, and our software solutions are custom-built to accommodate your domain and requirements.
Cavista is searching for great talent in Lagos, Nigeria. We are an open, agile environment, where transparent conversation ignites collaboration with a team of great thinkers. In Cavista, everyone freely contributes, ideas override egos, and the best idea always wins.
Job Position: Database Administrator
Job Location: Lagos
- An innovative MySQL Database Administrator to assist in developing and creating cutting-edge solutions for the healthcare industry.
- This is an opportunity to develop and create cutting-edge solutions for our products and services while being part of an extraordinary team.
- This role will ensure that the business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its processes and coaching its people.
- The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes.
- Participate in daily operations to support the business.
- Optimizing database (SQL calls) for max performance
- Collaborate with management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Collaborate in operational processes and performance, recommend solutions for improvement.
- Experience with SQL and stored routines.
- Experience working with HA Proxy, ProxySQL or MaxScale will be a plus.
- Working knowledge with AWS database technologies like Aurora, RDS.
- Monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with all technology team members, external partners, and vendors to provide input regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Monitor and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Perform technical troubleshooting to diagnose, isolate and correct data and database issues.
- Required – 8 years of MySQL management experience.
- Required – Experience in MySQL configuring HA and clustering solutions.
- Required – Large scale MySQL deployments.
- Required – MySQL sharding architecture and techniques.
- Ability to work with Linux/Unix based OS Environment.
- MS SQL experience is a plus.
- Software as a service industry experience is a plus.
- Cloud experience is a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal and professional skills.
- Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and anticipate customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities and manage multiple tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Cavista offers even more
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 – day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
- Mentoring and Counseling
- Referral Bonus
- Work from Anywhere – Flexibility that allows you to work where you are most comfortable, whether at home, at work, or a combination of both