Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise, and business operation improvement capabilities.
- Job Position: Database Administrator Lead
- Job Location: Lagos
- To manage the client’s database to ensure optimal uptime and system integrity which delivers support to the business strategy of the Bank that is achieved through Information Technology.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job holder should be capable of collecting information and imparting it to others. The job occupant whilst being adaptable by nature will need to ensure strict conformity with rules, systems, and protocol.
- The area of work is likely to have some administrative, specialist, or technical aspects, and the person fulfilling the role should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- The incumbent should be dependable, loyal, a good listener, and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner.
- Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organized, structured, self-controlled, and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise.
- The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise, and compliant. The environment wherever possible should be free of confrontation and the person occupying the role should be non-aggressive by nature.
- Ensure 100% availability and effective usability of the database by end users concurrently.
- Responsible for non-corruption, performance, integrity, and the security of the database.
- Ensure strict compliance with backup and recovery procedures to ensure data is available at all times.
- Deliver adequate support to application development teams on server/storage requirements.
- Make recommendations and carry out necessary tests when there is a need to commission/ install new applications as well as customizing/tuning existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- First Degree in Numerate / Physical Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years of cognate experience.
- Experience in a tier 1 bank.
- Good working knowledge of Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems. Knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL database administration.
- Storage Infrastructure Administration.
The behavioral competency for the job includes the ability to:
- Remain rational when dealing with others, work within organizational requirements, be systematic and factual when dealing with colleagues, and handle conflict adopting a logical and unemotional approach until a solution becomes achievable.
- Introduce monitoring systems that identify whether individuals or the organization are achieving their objectives, as well as any variances in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
- Work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve the quality of the service and/or product provided.
- Evaluate situations, calculate and reduce risk, justify and defend accuracy, give reasons for views, and generally provide shrewd judgment in any situation.
- Be persistent in problem-solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others. Research all the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Remain self-controlled when opposed and people become uncooperative or aggressive, be prepared to listen to what others say and feel, deal with conflict in an accommodating manner and use practicality as a method for reaching a solution.
- Be confident when dealing with uncooperative people and encourage them to implement imaginative solutions to challenging problems.
- Encourage people to communicate effectively and, through example and expertise, create participative attitudes.
- Seek direction and authority from others when and if appropriate, and achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
- Database Administration.
- Knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL.
- Application Support.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting hardware and operational systems.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and regulations.
- Research Orientation.
- Data / Information Management.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Data / Information Management.
- Business Presentation Skills.
- Customer focus.
- Vendor management
- Project Management.
10th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online