Suretree Systems is an independent end-to-end IT services provider helping companies to harness the power of innovation and thrive.
Suretree engages with companies as a strategic partner, guiding their digital transformation and supporting them with systems and capabilities required to address the preferences of policyholders, transform core business processes to improve operational efficiency, facilitate new business model implementation and add incremental value throughout the value chain with data-driven insights.
Job Position: Database Developer
Job Location: Lagos
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Writing efficient code
- Working closely with web designers and programmers to produce the functional web applications
- Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
- Maintaining software (database) documentation – creating and maintaining data dictionaries for all the applications that we develop.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Develop and maintain ETL routines
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
- Supervise and develop less experienced members of the team.
Education / Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
- Advanced certification as an MCDBA or MCSD for .NET is advantageous.
- Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including MS SQL Server (mandatory), Oracle Database, Hadoop, or PostgreSQL
- Experience in UI/UX design.
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server and Azure SQL Database development (including scripting in T-SQL),
- 5+ years’ experience in the use of stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions.
- Proven working experience as a MS SQL Server Developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- An appreciation of Object-Oriented Programming, and web application development would be beneficial.
- A functional knowledge of business intelligence data mining and analysis tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) will be advantageous.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail, a head for problem solving. and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
Skill Set Required:
- T-SQL scripting experience (mandatory)
- Azure SQL Database development
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as Java, ASP, ASP.NET – C# (advantageous).
20th October, 2021.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.