EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
Job Position: Dentist
Job Location: Abuja
Reports to: Practice and QA Manager
- The Dentist will perform general clinical dentistry procedures such as exams, direct and indirect restorative work, tooth extractions, and any other dental procedures.
- S/he will also provide endodontic care, perform crown and bridge procedures and provide fixed and removable prosthodontics care.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establishing a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues and overcrowding.
- Applying helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Give clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Using tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
Patient & Family Education/Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identify learning needs.
- Lead/encourage a multidisciplinary approach to patient discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing the patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note:
- Ensure continuing education, training and development are undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results
- Bachelor’s Degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Doctor of Dental Surgery or Dental Medicine Degree.
- Possessing a certified and valid license with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) from a recognized institution.
- Five(5) years post NYSC progressive experience in Dentistry within the private and public sector.
- Experience working with public health and health systems is an advantage.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic, and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated, and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed, and creative in making a decision.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations, and taking appropriate decisions.
- Competitive salary scale based on improvements from the CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria.
- Salary is negotiable but performance-based. Base salary constitutes 70%, while 30% is a bonus based on predefined individual performance indicators and monthly organizational performance.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employees. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online