Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
Job Position: Depot Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- As a Depot Manager, you will manage all terminal operations in accordance with plans within the parameters of customer requirements, management direction and safe working practices to achieve maximum levels of productivity and customer service by optimum utilisation of resources (Medium Operations).
- Manages, motivates, and instructs all operational team members.
- Sets priorities and structures tasks and goals.
- Provides effective organization and control of all terminal operations during designated shift periods in order to meet planned objectives.
- Coordinates terminal planning and operations to ensure the effective ship working schedules are set and maintained to ensure vessels meet sailing or berthing deadlines.
- Has responsibility for the efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and the cost-effective utilisation of equipment resources to match
- Liaise with the engineering manager to maximize equipment availability and effectiveness.
- Ensure efficient allocation of all staff and cost-effective utilization of equipment resources to match the operational requirements of the terminal.
- Manage existing customers and responsible for managing volumes.
- Manage the Customer Service Team for invoicing, TDO generation, and NICIS.
- Manage Gate-Operations and Planning.
- Manage stakeholders and Government Agencies relationships.
- Ensure that recognized safe working practices are utilized for all terminal operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Provide the first line of response for emergency situations and damage assessments.
- A Degree holder in a relevant field, having an MBA is an added advantage
- Have at least 7 years of work experience in running an ICD (Inland container Depot)
- Relevant certification in terminal operations, shipping, and logistics is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online