Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard–earned reputation for excellent business practices and products quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Job Position: Deputy General Manager (DGM) – Operations (Power Plant)
- Reference No.: Power Plant-Obajana-001
- Job Location: Obajana, Kogi
- Employment Type: Full time
- Coordinate the operations of the power plant equipment in a continuous, efficient, and economical manner.
- Monitor operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversee technical staff, such as control room engineers and fuel management officers in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation of the plant according to approved procedures and within environmental constraints.
- Oversee unit start-ups, shutdowns, and normal operation of electric generating equipment in a power plant.
- Control quality, quantity, and promptness of work performed as measured against accepted standards.
- Recommend improvements and modifications in the organization, complement, procedures, policies, standards, specifications, methods, processes, and equipment within the area of supervision.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate the operations of the power plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations, and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the continuous operation of the generating plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a manner that will achieve the optimum thermal efficiency, without compromising safety, plant availability, and reliability.
- Provide regular updates to the Head, Power Plant on the status of plant operations.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Power Plant from time to time.
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of twenty years (20) years plant operations-related experience of GE Gas Turbine generation plant.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth understanding of power plant systems and interactions among systems
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online