The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production, and Salt Refining.
- Job Position: Deputy General Manager, Quality Control & Assurance
- Job Location: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
- Oversee and coordinate product testing and inspection process for DCP products to ensure optimal quality of final products is achieved and pre-determined standards of production are maintained. Oversee the implementation of ISO systems for quality management systems.
- Drive the implementation of organization-wide quality control and ISO processes including Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Prepare and drive the implementation of the annual Quality Control Plan for the plant.
- Ensure that production quality control processes are implemented in line with agreed-upon procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise laboratory operations to ensure precision in the sample testing process for raw materials, intermediate products, final products, oil, water, gas, etc. and the appropriate calibration of equipment.
- Ensure all set product quality targets are met and deviations from target quality standards are promptly identified and rectified.
- Coordinate the weaning and pilling of cement raw materials; and control of chemical parameters.
- Liaise with process control operatives with regards to the quality control parameters for semi-finished (Raw meal and Clinker) and final products.
- Support the Plant Director in ensuring final product meet quality specifications and agreed standards.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out on laboratory equipment and effective housekeeping is conducted in the laboratories.
- Prepare annual calibration schedule and ensure calibration is carried out on laboratory equipment as scheduled.
- Manage the interface between the QA/QC function and other relevant departments within the plant.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership and strategic direction to the country plant QA/ QC team.
- Provide periodic reports on the activities and performance of the plant QA/ QC function for the attention of the Plant Director.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Plant Director.
Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of cement chemistry, pyro-process and raw-mix design
- In-depth understanding of cement standards and quality requirements
- In-depth knowledge of quality audit/testing processes for cement
- Proven abilities in managing physical tests, wet analysis and robotic laboratories in modern cement plants.
- In-depth knowledge of the cement industry (local and international)
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven training and facilitation skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development