Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent consultancy which integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. We are solving the complex challenges facing businesses and societies all over the world. We also support clients in their digital transformation. Our role is important in the efficient functioning of society. We design, safeguard, and maintain the built environment – from infrastructure, mobility and buildings to energy, water supplies and industrial sites.
Job Position: Design Manager (Data Centres)
Job Location: Lagos
- The global digital revolution is bringing prosperity to more and more countries and regions, benefiting millions of people. Data Centres make this 21st century transformation possible and reliable systems and continuity are crucial.
- From the pioneering stage, we have been involved in the emergence and development of Data Centres and other important facilities. Our aim is to ensure that customer investments in Data Centres, anywhere in the world, deliver a reliable and profitable end result.
- Our Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) Data Centre team is well established and partners with some of the largest and leading Data Centre providers and users across the globe, ranging from Europe, Africa, Asia and the UK. We have offices and teams in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, the UK and South Africa.
- Data Centres is a strategic market for Royal HaskoningDHV. We are ranked in the Top 5 leading Design and Engineering firms in the industry and we aim to grow and establish data centres as one of our leading market sectors in future. We are expanding our business to help support this growth and have many exciting opportunities for experienced and motivated professionals to join us in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, the UK or South Africa.
What you will do as Design Manager (Data Centres)
- As Design Manager you must prove yourself to some of the most demanding customers in the world and work pro-actively with our colleagues across the globe. Beyond the standard features of a building, our Mission Critical Facility (Data Centre) projects require specific and advanced knowledge and skills. What our clients have in common, is the need for a proactive Design Manager.
- You will assume overall responsibility for the management and execution of MCF/data centre projects within the Industry, Energy and Asset Management Advisory Group.
- You will be tasked with managing designs and delivering high quality results within multidisciplinary project teams consisting of data centre system consultants, architects and engineers. The responsibilities will include working closely with clients and other key stakeholders to deliver optimal results and implement our vision to be the “World’s leading Data Centre Consultant”.
- You will be responsible for managing and leading multidisciplinary design assignments covering specialised data centre disciplines including, but not limited to, cooling, security and safety systems, low voltage systems and UPS.
- The position will be responsible for managing the following deliverables of various disciplines:
- Take responsibility for the technical delivery of the project.
- Provide input into the development of technical and commercial proposals.
- Manage Client relationships and grow the data centre portfolio with new and diverse clients.
- Seek to integrate other leading services into the offering for data centres, for instance, energy transition.
- Lead specialist engineers / designers etc. from a technical perspective.
- Deliver project documents, specifications and designs, ensuring the quality and flow of information for the client and their agents.
- Provide guidance to the bid manager in the preparation of tenders.
- Act as the key customer liaison and represent RHDHV in discussions with the Client regarding technical matters.
- The multidisciplinary project teams you will join work on projects both at home and abroad. In addition to participating in projects, you naturally also contribute to the optimization of our internal business processes and to safeguarding and sharing knowledge within your field. In this way, we continue to develop ourselves continuously!
Where you will work
- You will become part of our global Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team, who provide a multidisciplinary package of consultancy services for our data centre clients.
- We provide strategic, tactical, and operational advice to our clients, including colocation data centres, internet service providers, and telecom companies. Our team consists of colleagues with all kinds of different expertise, for example: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, construction, building, architecture, fire safety, control engineering, and security technology.
- Together we use our knowledge and expertise to develop integrated designs for Data Centres. Curious about our work? Here you will find examples of some our projects.
- You will join a leading market and work with a dedicated and passionate team ranked as one of the best Data Centre design & engineering teams globally.
What you bring:
- You are an entrepreneurial, result oriented, proactive individual with a positive flexible and problem-solving attitude.
Besides that, you have:
- Relevant B.Sc in Engineering / B.Eng Degree
- Master’s Degree advantageous
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant post graduate experience within a consulting engineering environment.
- A minimum of five years relevant working experience in a data centre design engineering / project delivery environment
- Professional registration with COREN is advantageous
- Data Centre Tier Designer Accreditation is advantageous
- Professional Project Manager (PMP) advantageous
- Solid knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams is essential
- Data centre / mission critical facilities experience is essential
- BIM experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience using BIM authoring tools, i.e. Revit
- BIM360, Revizto, Dynamo and Python experience is advantageous
What we offer you
- As worldwide engineering firm, we are ambitious, exciting, lively, collaborative and dynamic. We are making a difference to society and technological progress across the globe. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise?
- Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!.
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities to support your career path. Entrepreneurship and innovation are stimulated in our organization. There is plenty of room for own initiative in an open and flexible culture.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online