The Concept Group is a holding company for companies established in 1992. Subsidiaries under the Group include: Rosabon Financial Services – Nigeria’s Leading Financial Intermediary and Equipment Leasing Company, Concept Nova – Bespoke Enterprise IT Solutions Company, Percy Aitkins – Bureau De Change.
Job Position: Research and Development Executive
Job Location: Lagos
- The Research and development ( R&D) Executive is responsible for assisting the R&D Manager in providing solutions to client’s problems and ensuring satisfaction with the use of IoT devices, microcontrollers, embedded systems, software platforms etc.
- Support the Research and Development Manager to research “all” possible solution approaches, and design & develop the most feasible option based on cost-effectiveness and functionality.
- Provide technical project management and process improvement support for the on-site deployment of new and existing solutions
- Performs field service activities including preliminary/feasibility inspections and deployment/integration/execution.
- Generation and preparation of site inspection report therefrom.
- Solution to technical issues with an existing product, the addition of newly supported features, integration of client-specific requirements, and expansion of functionalities via new settings and configurations.
- Evaluation, testing, and experimentation of potential product samples and subsequent bulk procurement/order placement.
- May from time to time provide technical sales presentations with the marketing team
- Offer support to the Implementation unit.
- Provide necessary support to the Recovery and Control unit
- Support bench and field tests during the product development cycle, pre-deployment simulation tests, and on-site deployment of remote monitoring hardware and software.
- Vendor management: Facilitate, maintain and negotiate profitable vendor relationships following due diligence and risk assessment analysis.
- Guide pricing simulations and analysis with market knowledge on hardware and software input costs.
- Develop proposed design documents for products and services to guide installation and/or implementation.
- Other duties as may be recommended by the Research & Development Manager.
- B.Sc. in Electrical electronics engineering, IT, Computer engineering, or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 1 year and above experience in related competence.
- Relevant knowledge of embedded systems and electronic circuits
- IoT and Control systems enthusiast
- Quality Business Intelligence and data analysis experience with relevant tools (data-driven decision making)
Skills / Competencies:
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
- Experience with RTUs, microcontrollers or PLC systems.
- Solid troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose and solve less complex problems.
- Knowledge of Python, API, and other relevant programming languages.
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the business and end-user needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.