Uraga Real Estate Limited (a Honeywell Group Company) is a real estate company committed to creating long-lasting communities by providing creative and sustainable solutions. The company has over 20 cumulative years of experience in Development & Project management, Property & Facilities management and Real Estate & Asset management. We are at the forefront of transformational and innovative real estate projects, servicing the unique needs of our clients through tailor made real estate solutions. We invest in and develop structures and facilities across residential, retail offices, industrial/distribution warehouses, other commercial properties as well as hospitality facilities in Nigeria’s real estate market.
Job Position: Development Manager
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Responsible for the development of new construction or remodels.
- Delivery of the site and the responsibilities that will commence at due diligence through construction.
- Participates in the development of UREL’s annual operational plan, budget, targets, and performance outcomes.
- Prepare all project documents (PEP, Project Charter, Briefs, POW, etc.)
- Drives the development process by updating schedules, budgets, timelines, financial information, projections and closings as necessary.
- Review of civil engineering and architectural plans. Works with staff, consultants and approval bodies to manage and complete the design and approval process.
- Ensures the completion of tasks within acceptable time frames through the preparation, review and management of schedules by coordinating and managing participants.
- Assist with the preparation of RFPs, consultant bids, reviews and manages consultant and building construction contracts /contractors.
- Oversee site entitlement and due diligence effort for new construction and/or remodeling projects initiated by UREL.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process including but not limited to feasibility studies, geotechnical, evaluations, environmental assessments and surveys.
- Lead and manage network of engineers, architects and other consultants in guiding each project through governmental approvals process to obtain all permits/approvals required for a project.
- Liaise with Project Team to communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified.
- Inspect construction and development sites to ensure projects are executed at appropriate levels of quality and are effectively commissioned prior to occupancy.
- Monitor construction progress through periodic on-site observations. Coordinate and support the construction hand-off to the Construction Manager.
- Manage the bidding process with the Project team and approved general contractors.
- Coordinate all project procurement activities.
- Oversee all aspects of building design, permits and construction.
- Develop Contract documents for clients where required.
- Meet regularly with the Owners, Subcontractors, Client and Consultants to monitor and coordinate all phases of the construction project.
- Prepare for and present organizational objectives and projects at briefings/meetings.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of management and other relevant parties.
- Minimum of M.Sc. in Engineering, Project Management, Real Estate Development, Construction or related field.
- At least 8 years’ experience in land development, construction, architecture or civil engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Understanding of real estate principles.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and understand job cost management
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Project management software
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences from Leadership to Team Members.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and develop alternative solutions in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented and organized work habits.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction.
- Candidates should have excellent time management and organizational skills.
N5,000,000 – N7,000,000 Annually.
14th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.