At Cavista, our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions. We ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through a global network of innovation, and our software solutions are custom-built to accommodate your domain and requirements.
Through world-class consultation, innovative IT solutions and personalized client services, Cavista increases operational efficiency for organizations of all sizes.
Job Position: DevOps Automation Engineer
Job Location: Nigeria
- Lead and mentor other engineers in the team for best practices while ensuring effective documentation of how the company’s products and services are deployed, provisioned, configured, and supported.
- Work closely with software engineering and customer-facing teams developing infrastructure and applications, with a focus on driving stability, reliability, scalability, operability, and automated fault recovery of services for company’s products and services.
- Develop innovative ways to smartly measure, monitor & report application and infrastructure health.
- Evaluate best practices/methodologies for provisioning, configuration management, monitoring to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production.
- Document your processes and share knowledge.
- Troubleshoot issues along with developers, providing systems level and architecture insight to the current issue.
- Apply DevOps and SRE principles and technologies to support and improve software and infrastructure security across development, testing, and production environments.
- Assist with planning and implementing migrations to cloud-based infrastructure.
- Ability to perform quick RCA of any complexity.
- Wear many hats, while bringing the ability to learn and grasp a complete understanding of the software delivery and application support process.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the fields of SRE, DevOps or production engineering.
- Strong Windows and Linux Scripting, Scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python).
- Experience with system configuration software such as Salt, Puppet, Ansible (Salt preferred but not required).
- Solid understanding of web protocols such as HTTP, TLS, HTTP/2.
- Solid understanding of Nginx and HAProxy, or similar web proxies and load balancers.
- Strong Monitoring and alerting experience (ELK, Grafana, Zabbix).
- Experience with SRE and/or DevOps best practices.[MB1]
- Strong customer focus and confident in making critical decisions independently in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Experience with git in a multi-contributor/team GitOps environment.
- Networking experience –trouble shooting networking configuration issues in general.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration frameworks like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus. [MB2]
- Experience supporting applications and services on Linux, with experience supporting Dot Net and IIS application in Windows Server a plus.[MB3]
- Experience supporting microservice based SaaS applications is a plus. [MB4]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We want to know you better
- Share your basic details and upload your resume
- You will receive an email response with the next step
- Intro Video Interview
- You will receive a link from Mettl to complete a short video where you will answer questions to share your knowledge
- We want you to learn about us
- Meet our team for your in-person interview(s).
- Interview us as well
Programmers: Coding Assessment:
- Complete a coding assessment; share with us your method for problem solving.
Note: This is a full-time role and you can work from ANYWHERE.