Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, and India, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Job Position: DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Nigeria (Remote)
About the Role
- Branch launched in Nigeria in early 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. We are expanding our product portfolio as well as our user base in all our markets including Nigeria, and are more than ever dependent on reliable infrastructure to achieve our goals. We are looking for talented DevOps engineers to join us and be part of this journey.
- As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As an engineering team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making: We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face.
- As part of our DevOps team, you will design, architect, build, and automate the infrastructure that hosts a variety of applications ranging from financial products to our Machine Learning workloads for all our markets.
- You will be responsible for innovating and employing best practices when it comes to deployment, database management, security, and performance.
- As a subject matter expert, you will be expected to evangelize DevOps as a culture within the engineering organization.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Improve infra automation using modern tools.
- Optimize spending and improve elasticity on our infrastructure.
- Be responsible for continuously evaluating and implementing evolving best practices.
- Keep our systems and services secure by ensuring adherence to security best practices.
- Ensure availability with redundancies of all the critical components.
- Provide expert opinions for architecture and infrastructure decisions.
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps preferred
- Extensive exposure to at least one major cloud platform like AWS, GCP, or Azure with commonly used services.
- Know your way through various flavors of Unix and commonly used command-line utilities.
- Understand networking concepts and protocols, and the ability to build VPCs and traffic flows.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contributed to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
- Hands-on experience with deployment and orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Ability to take care of monitoring, alerting, logs, user access, certificate and keys management, etc.
- Proficiency with at least one mainstream scripting language like Bash or Python as well as commonly used server software like PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Being able to wear a DBA hat and tune PostgreSQL performance at query and storage engine level is a plus.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep up with the latest in DevOps.
Benefits of Joining
- Work in a mission-driven, global, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Remote first, with the option to work in-person occasionally
- Fully paid life and health insurance benefit with Axa Mansard (Platinum plan)
- Work-life balance is not a myth, we offer a generous paid leave policy comprising; 28 days annual leave, 30 days sick leave, bereavement leave
- Fully paid parental leave – 6 months maternity and 3 months paternity leave
- Pension Benefit
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- We believe learning should never stop and so we provide a $500 stipend annually towards learning and development irrespective of role, title or tenure
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance
- Team meals and social events (Hybrid for now)
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work and interact with a global team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online