Chowdeck is an on-demand delivery company that provides a delivery hub that connects vendors and consumers. We help vendors deliver meals, drugs and groceries seamlessly while providing consumers with a platform to order these items from their favourite vendors in their city. Our riders, the superstars of Chowdeck, sit between the consumers and vendors to complete the equation.
At Chowdeck, we unite people through innovative ordering and delivery technology, putting smiles across faces and ensuring satisfaction.
Job Position: DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
We are seeking a proactive and innovative DevOps Engineer dedicated to ensuring high availability of systems and optimizing our services in a cost-effective manner to support Chowdeck’s growth and mission.
The ideal candidate for this role is a creative problem-solver who is meticulous and rigorous in their approach to every aspect of their role, with an unwavering sense of ownership and accountability. You should be adept at navigating complex challenges in a methodical manner, even if it’s a challenge you haven’t come across before.
This role will be central to our operations and critical in shaping the infrastructure that powers Chowdeck. Your contributions will directly impact the efficiency and effectiveness of our services, giving us a chance to ensure our technology stack runs seamlessly and without issues every day. The successful candidate will report to the CTO.
- Implement strategies to ensure 24/7 availability and optimal performance of our systems and services.
- Ensure that our system architecture supports high availability and disaster recovery.
- Develop and maintain instrumentation, monitoring and alerting systems to detect and address issues proactively.
- Perform root cause analysis and post-mortems for downtimes or production errors and implement fixes.
- Design, implement, and manage continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Monitor and optimize cloud resources to ensure we’re always running a cost-effective infrastructure.
- Ensure our infrastructure and applications comply with the latest industry security standards and regulations
- Work closely with the product engineers to understand needs and provide guidance on solutions.
- Keep up-to-date documentation on our system architecture and DevOps practices.
- have a firm grasp of running and scaling real-world applications on AWS using bare EC2 instances or Elastic Beanstalk.
- have expert knowledge in implementing and managing system and application-level telemetry, including logging, monitoring, and tracing systems.
- can instrument applications to capture insights into performance bottlenecks and runtime issues.
- have experience with tools like Datadog, AWS Cloudwatch, PagerDuty, or similar for in-depth monitoring and alerting.
- understand the fundamentals of CI/CD tools such as AWS CodePipeline, GitHub Actions and Circle CI.
- are intellectually honest.
- are very intuitive and you always learn from your mistakes.
- love to solve complex issues even when the answers are not readily available.
- can communicate clearly and empathetically for both verbal and written engagements.
- can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid, manageable tasks and action plans.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
5th of January, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online