Gomoney is a digital bank dedicated to simplifying banking for everyone and contributing to a future where everyone is in control of their money. With tools to split, schedule, send, receive and track payments, users have the tools for better transaction processes and a better understanding of their spending habits.
Job Position: DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Lagos (Remote)
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
- We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build the bank of the future. Join us if you’re:
- Interested in building products used by tens of thousands of customers and shipping codes at a rapid pace.
- Passionate about building scalable and reliable mobile applications.
- Capable of maintaining company server hardware, operating systems, software, and other network infrastructure collaboratively
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialize or move between teams. As an engineer here you’d be able to work directly with anyone across the company.
What will you be doing as our DevOps Engineer?
- You’ll be working as part of a cross-disciplinary group to clearly understand user needs, challenging assumptions, iterating quickly to learn fast, using data, and running experiments to evaluate solutions to develop secure, robust, and maintainable solutions at pace.
As an DevOps Engineer you will:
- Configure monitoring and alerting integration with Prometheus andGrafana
- Manage existing AKS infrastructure
- Integrate log monitoring with Datadog to reduce log loads on the Kubernetes cluster
- Migrated existing logs from persistent volume to a VM reducing intermittent failure of Loki application.
- Worked on and supported automated builds, deployments, testing, and configuration in AKS Cluster with Circle CI and Helm charts.
- Implement various testing and automation tools, and commission IT infrastructure
- Provision, Configure, & De-Provision Environments via Automation
- Define and set development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Apply troubleshooting techniques and advise on fixing code bugs
- Ensure developers adheres to defined DevOps processes and update or create new processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate system performance and agility using appropriate monitoring tools to improve operational efficiency.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operations, and support at scale and efficient use of resources.
- Perform incidence management and root cause analysis
- Select and deploy appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI / CD Pipeline)
- Understand teams’ requirements and project KPIs.
- Bachelor’s or Higher in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of cognate experience
- Experience or familiarity with the Azure platform
- Knowledge about Kotlin, collections, algorithms, and well-known application frameworks.
- Understanding of interactive application development paradigm under Android, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency, and multi-threading.
- Good understanding of design patterns, the latest framework, and technical, including RxAndroid, Kotlin Coroutines, Lambda expressions, and dependency injection.
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
You should apply if:
- Have experience in server-side programming with NodeJS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Have experience with at least one of GCP, AWS & Microsoft Azure (preferably Azure & AWS)
- Have experience with ElasticSearch, Datadog, Sentry
- Have experience with Technologies like Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Have experience with Kubernetes orchestration and management
- Have experience maintaining and supporting monitoring and alerting systems
- Have experience supporting and troubleshooting relational databases and distributed platform
- Have experience with developing distributed applications using Git, Azure DevOps, Docker,
- Have basic system administration and Linux skills.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience in a Fintech
- Experience with testing frameworks, including Robolectric and Espresso, is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online