Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
Job Position: Digital Communications Associate
Job Location: Lagos
- The Digital Communications Associate supports the development and leads the execution of the Digital Strategy to support the Company’s overall communication objectives.
- A key imperative of the Digital Strategy is to use digital and social media platforms, and users of these platforms (brand ambassadors) to tell the Oando story (past, present and future) with the long-term objective of positively influencing, shaping and managing public perception of the brand as the most desirable place to work and invest in. The real time nature of digital media, specifically social media means that the Digital Communications Associate is proactively scouting digital platforms to identify and rectify potential brand reputational threats. A key part of the Digital Communications Associate role is to work closely with the Public Relations team for external brand building and internally to convert Oando employees into social brand advocates / ambassadors via motivating employee attitudinal and behavioral change towards the Company and its social platforms.
- The Digital Communications Associate will be required to guide the webmaster in developing short to medium term plans for the Company’s websites and internal digital platform ‘the intranet’; as well as oversee the webmaster’s day to day tasks.
- The Digital Communications Associate will have a database of online media contacts that he / she can leverage to boost brand visibility and positive online mentions.
- He / she will also be responsible for managing the online personas (reputation management) of Executive Management specifically strategy development and overseeing successful implementation. The Digital Communications Associate will be expected to familiarize his / herself with Executive Management so as to aid the development of ‘on-brand’ content (specifically long form pieces) and identification of the best platforms to amplify their brand.
- Digital Communications Analyst
- Digital Communications Senior Analyst I
- Digital Communications Senior Analyst II
- Responsible for the successful development and implementation of approved Digital Communications Strategy.
- Responsible for content development for corporate and Executive Management – from developing content single-handedly to overseeing Digital Agency to achieve this.
- Responsible for day-to-day support and guidance of Digital Communications team including the webmaster to achieve set digital objectives.
- The Associate will be expected to work with a range of internal personnel and manage 3rd party Agencies for successful achievement of objectives.
- Responsible for managing the full remit of Executive Management social personas.
- Responsible for supporting the Digital Communications team in implementing effective online reputation management techniques (including daily social media posts) for the GCE and other members of Executive Management.
- Staying up to date with digital trends and technologies and making recommendations for how the organization can leverage them to improve its digital presence.
- Support the Corporate Communications PR strategy by implementing effective techniques for managing the brand’s online reputation.
- Responsible for online media management.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Support the development of Oando’s Digital Strategy.
- Develop and monitor achievement of strategy for the positive amplification of Executive Management’s social personas.
- Develop and monitor digital plans to amplify corporate initiatives and announcements.
- Support the successful implementation of approved Digital Strategy across the Company’s social platforms and external digital platforms.
- Lead day to day management of Oando’s social media accounts and engagement with audiences, across key digital platforms.
- Lead internal engagement efforts to convert Oando employees into brand ambassadors in the digital space, specifically social media.
- Lead the development of content and creatives that ensure stakeholders are actively engaged on owned social platforms.
- Content development for different social platforms and stakeholders including but not limited to short and long form pieces, creatively written pieces.
- Oversee development and implementation of digital communication plans for key events that the Company and its Executives will be attending.
- Management of digital spend versus approved Digital Communications budget.
- Monthly tracking, analysis and reporting of Oando in digital space.
- Evaluation and reporting on the performance of Digital Campaigns.
- Supervise monthly reporting of website analytics.
- Review and refine tactical opportunities presented by Digital team before being shared with Head of Corporate Communications for sign off / approval.
- Manage pitch and selection process for new Digital Agency.
- Support management of Digital Agency to support realization of Digital objectives.
- Annual review of Digital Agencies to determine continuation of services in the new year.
- Supervise timely completion of RAG (Red, Amber & Green) work plans.
- Daily tracking of RAG work plans to ensure flawless execution of weekly tasks to ensure timelines are not missed and potential issues are identified in advance.
- Maintain standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Foster and maintain close relationships with key online journalists, editors, online influencers and bloggers for positive brand amplification.
- Review designs / creatives developed by internal graphic artists and Digital Agencies to ensure they correctly address creative brief.
- Development of digital campaigns to boost engagement and foster brand affinity.
- Review of all Digital Communication Policies and Processes.
- Proactive management of issues to alleviate likelihood of a crisis arising.
- Support crisis management efforts.
- Ensure that all passwords are changed periodically for optimal security.
- Other duties as directed and required as required by the Company.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Extent to which brand values, story, initiatives and achievements are positively reinforced on external digital platforms.
- Growth in followership across all Company social media platforms.
- Growth in user engagement on all Company social media platforms.
- Improved public perception and dialogue on external digital platforms.
- Growth in internal social media followers and brand ambassadors.
- Quality and cost effectiveness of internal and external digital communications efforts implemented.
- Quantity and quality of mileage received on 3rd party digital platforms.
- Growth in website stickiness.
- Growth in website backlinks.
- Improvement website’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ranking.
- Effective management of Digital Communications team.
- Cost effectiveness of Digital efforts.
- Timeliness of deliverables.
- Effectiveness of partnerships with 3rd party Agencies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any subject, preferably in the Social Sciences, Administration or Humanities.
- Proven experience developing digital strategy, setting measurable targets, overseeing the execution of said strategy and measuring for success.
- Experienced executing and where necessary overseeing the successful execution of digital/social media campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of future digital trends.
- Strong content developer– writing short and long form pieces for corporate entities and individuals (Executive Management).
- Comfortable with creative writing and storytelling – experience of translating corporate initiatives, actions, etc into compelling stories.
- Adept in the use of various social media platforms especially Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- Experience using social media to cover live events.
- Experienced in data analytics and using this to proffer tactical and strategic solutions.
- Experience using social media monitoring / tracking tools and social media management tools.
- Database of digital media contacts including online news editors, journalists, influencers and bloggers.
- Experience of cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with online media and influencers.
- Experience writing news stories and disseminating to digital outlets for amplification.
- Adept in using relationships to achieve positive online placements / coverage.
- Comfortable organizing online events such as webinars.
- Experience in managing a Digital Agency.
- A good understanding and demonstration of implementing tactics to boost Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ranking.
- Experience of managing a blog or website would be an advantage.
- Experience in project management, specifically collaborating with other team members in managing multiple projects across different functions (PR, Events, Branding & Internal Comms) simultaneously would be advantageous.
- Experience of working on a B2B brand in the digital space.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be tech savvy.
- Skilled researcher.
- Supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of successfully managing a diverse range of stakeholders would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to comfortably operate within a complex environment and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online