Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has built a reputation for innovative economic development programming, particularly working with start-ups, and hosts a venture capital arm called Mercy Corps Ventures.
Job Position: Digital Community Engagement Associate
Job Location: Lagos
- Mercy Corps has worked with jobtech for over a decade – investing, supporting product innovation, and conducting research on the opportunities for the sector. In late 2021, Mercy Corps launched the Jobtech Alliance, an ecosystem-building initiative around inclusive jobtech in Africa. We’ve just secured our first dedicated funding for the Jobtech Alliance, and are recruiting a team to expand the Jobtech Alliance as the innovation and learning hub for inclusive jobtech in Africa.
General Position Summary
- The Digital Community Engagement Associate is responsible for ensuring that the Jobtech Alliance community – formed of jobtech startups, funders & investors, entrepreneur support organizations, and researchers – provides a ripe forum for learning, collaboration, and innovation in the jobtech space in Africa.
- S/he is responsible for building the membership through effective outreach, managing Jobtech Alliance social media channels (newsletter, Twitter and LinkedIn), promoting sharing and collaboration between members, and more – the scope of the role is infinite and driven by the individual.
- S/he has creative ideas to guide the community engagement strategy, sets the tone for engagement, and drives its evolution.
Community Strategy & Management:
- Contributes to overarching community management strategy & comes up with new ideas about how to improve things
- The primary KPI holder for a number of Platform and Community members registered. Drives membership of the Jobtech Alliance community through mapping of startups in the sector, direct engagement with startups, and creative outreach campaigns
- Effectively promotes and sells the Jobtech Alliance to interested people.
Content Development & Social Media Management:
- Develop content for LinkedIn and Twitter (written and video) building off Jobtech Alliance blogs and research
- Post, maintain and respond to engagement on social media channels
- Where possible, write blogs and longer-form content in the jobtech space.
- Organize and host meet-ups for the Jobtech Alliance community in different markets
- Go-to organizer for future bigger events.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work.
- We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Who You Are
- You’re a creative extrovert who has phenomenal EQ and great organization.
- You’re deeply passionate about startups in Africa.
- You have experience managing digital social media channels, have a skill at facilitating, and are a natural connector.
- You’re highly organized and can keep the day-to-day ticking while working on ambitious new projects.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 – 5 years of experience in community management, social media/marketing, content development, project management
- Experience managing and growing social media channels, demonstrating creativity in content and engagement
- Flawless written English and evidenced track record of developing compelling content in written form and beyond
- Demonstrated passion for the startup ecosystem in Africa.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
- This role is for people with the right to work in Kenya or Nigeria.
8th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online