Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
- Job Position: Driver
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria
- Expected start date: As soon as possible
- ACF is looking for a Driver who will be responsible for transporting people and equipment under good security conditions, ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle, prepare departures to the field and assist with deliveries and ensure vehicle documentation is complete.
- Ensure the safety and security of AAH vehicles and their personnel.
- Drive in a safe way at all times, respecting the country’s circulation rules and following the base/capital logistician’s planning and instructions
- In case of an accident or incident, immediately get in touch with the logistics department and follow their instructions; complete incident report within 4 hours or as soon as arriving back to base
- Follow all AAH rules and regulations and vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines when using the vehicle.
- Ensure that all personal documents (ID, driving licence) and vehicle documents are valid and kept on board at all time
- Ensure all required safety equipment is carried on board and in good condition and inform the logistics department of any deficiencies.
- Work according to the driver’s roaster/ schedule; including weekends and national holidays
- Solve minor problems and perform basic maintenance;
- Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out and immediately inform of any incurred damage;
- Keep track of maintenance schedule and notify base/capital logistician 500-1000km before the maintenance is due
- Ensure that transported goods are accompanied by duly filled and signed delivery notes
- Check if all required equipment is on board and functioning (communication equipment, toolbox, medical kit, fuel, stickers, flags)
- Complete the Fuel Log book accurately on a daily basis with mileage, fuel consumption information and after every maintenance and submit the completed Log Book to the base logistician on a monthly basis
- Submit all receipts for fuel, airport and parking tickets, etc. in a timely manner to the base logistician for reconciliation
- Minimum of Senior Secondary School Certificate
- A valid and current Nigerian driver’s licence.
- 2 years driving experience.
- Mechanical Background.
- Accurate knowledge of all traffic rules.
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing work environment.
- Knowledge of security issues.
N120,887 per month
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.