Moniepoint is a global business payments and banking platform and recently became QED Investors’ first investment in Africa. We are the partner of choice for over 600,000 businesses of all sizes, powering the dreams of SMBs and providing them with equal access to the tools they need to grow and scale.
Moniepoint Incorporated (formerly TeamApt Inc.) was founded with the vision to create a society where everyone experiences financial happiness. We are the parent company of TeamApt Limited, a Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) licensed Switch and Processor, and Moniepoint Microfinance Bank, a CBN-licensed Microfinance Bank.
Job Position: E-Channels Transaction Monitoring Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- The E-Channels Transaction Monitoring Officer will work under the guidance of the Lead, Fraud Solutions Management to detect and prevent fraudulent/suspicious transactions from customers’ accounts.
- Transaction Monitoring Officers will work collaboratively with the fraud prevention officers and fraud investigation and prosecution officers to ensure that fraud risks are effectively managed.
The E-Channels Transaction Monitoring Officer will:
- Analyze E-Channel transactions and identify suspicious and unusual patterns and behaviors
- Ensure suspicious transactions are flagged for additional reviews, and liens are placed on fraudulent inflows.
- Contact customers to verify the authenticity of transactions using the enterprise’s applications and tools
- Investigate, identify and ensure fraudulent accounts are blocked or restricted from carrying out transactions.
- Monitor customers’ accounts and transactions to determine those with high fraud risks.
- Report suspicious outflows to beneficiary institutions and collaborate with external parties, including financial institutions and law enforcement agencies to salvage funds
- Communicate fraudulent outflows/inflows to the Fraud Investigation & Prosecution Team for detailed investigation.
- Prepare timely reports on fraudulent transactions and collaborate with other teams to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (such as Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, IT, Information Security, Economics)
- Relevant accounting or security certifications such as ACA, CFE, Security+ is an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years experience in transaction monitoring,customer service, fraud investigation or fraud examination with proficiency in using fraud detection software and tools in Banking, Finance, FMCG, Insurance, or FinTech industries. A combination of any two or more experience(s) is a strong advantage.
- Strong understanding of payment transaction trends and account statement analysis.
- An excellent team player, target driven, and highly motivated.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of transaction routing and processing.
- Strong verbal, speaking and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of banking or FinTech industry regulations or standards may be necessary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online