The Edo State Government is carrying out a Civil Service Transformation and Enhancement Project as part of its Institutional Reform Agenda. The Project is designed to develop the Human and Organizational capabilities required to deliver efficient services to the people of Edo State and to Make Edo State great again.
We, therefore, need the services of talented experienced professionals to fill the critical vacant position below in the Service, to support the implementation of the transformation, and to contribute to embedding the new ways of working:
Job Location: Consultant (Ear, Noise and Throat – CONMESS 06)
Job Location: Edo
- Working in close proximity with a surgical team, lead the conduct of scheduled and emergency surgeries in their areas of specialization, maintaining the sterile field and monitoring the patient’s condition, ensures that the surgical team is working at peak performance.
- Manage post-operative recovery and follow-up care
- Successful Candidates will work in Parastatals and Agencies that offer a robust, challenging, diverse working culture that values teamwork and leverages technology in delivering high-quality services to the people of Edo State. Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the implementation of the Transformation Agenda
- Participate through teamwork in contributing to the goals and objectives of the Ministry they are assigned.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Basic Medical Degree (MBBS, MBBCh, FWACS or equivalent)
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Possess a current practicing license and be certified by the West African College of Surgeons or National Post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria or other specialist certification bodies and
- Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience including at least 2 years as a Surgeon with specialization in General Surgery, Plastic Surgery or ENT.
- Additional educational or professional qualifications may be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have completed the mandatory NYSC program.
- Candidate must also be computer literate, technology savvy, possess good interpersonal and leadership skills, and be able to work effectively in teams.
- Candidates applying as experienced professionals must not be more than 50 years of age by December 31, 2022.
11th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application
- Candidates who possess the required qualifications, experience and skills and would like to join us on this exciting and challenging Transformation Journey are invited to apply. Serving Civil Servants seeking a higher challenge may also apply.
- Candidates may only apply for 1 position. Multiple applications will result in disqualification.
- EDSG does not require candidates to make any payments to any person or organization in respect of this recruitment exercise.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and each candidate shall stand the same chance of gaining employment.
- This recruitment campaign shall be free, fair, and merit-driven.