Husk Power Systems (“Husk”) is an award-winning clean energy company serving rural India and Sub-Saharan Africa. In 2023, it was named “World’s Best Challenger Brand” in the energy industry and is a 3-time Global Cleantech 100 company. The company’s AI-powered rural energy platform provides 24/7 renewable power to rural households, commercial customers, institutions, and small factories.
Job Position: Electrical Graduate Intern
Job Location: Lafia, Nasarawa
- Husk is seeking an Electrical Graduate intern, to join the growing team in Nigeria. The candidate should be adept at undertaking all the construction activities at a typical Solar Hybrid Mini Grid.
- Your job will be to work within a team to complete tasks & and projects in line with established policies and procedures.
- You need to be a team player and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Play a key part as a member of the Installation Team in driving site installation targets.
- Work closely with the project team and other members of the Nigerian Team to deliver on business objectives.
- Support the optimization of various Husk NG activities to ensure best practices are entrenched towards more efficient processes.
- Support in driving “Best Practices” across the business. Once a “Best Practice” has been identified, ensure that the practice is visible nationally and to another subsidiary.
- Support in negotiating solutions, resolving conflicts, and providing solutions in the best interest of HUSK Power Systems, and our clients and employees across the potential mini grid (and other) locations.
- Understand the priorities of the country operations and support the Country Team when necessary.
- Provide requisite support and inputs on building and aligning various company processes and policies according to global best practices.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Support the team in the installation of solar field equipment like Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules, and electrical equipment
- Support the team in the installation of powerhouse equipment such as MPPT chargers, inverters, batteries, battery cabinets, and AC distribution boxes.
- Support the team in the installation of distribution network assets.
- Inspect electrical installation and wiring.
- Maintain periodic status reports, including daily activity reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Report and escalate issues to the Installation Manager as needed.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical/Electronics/ Mechanical or other Engineering/Science degrees.
- Proven (1 year) working experience as an Electrical graduate trainee.
- Basic knowledge of electrical wiring, inverters, batteries, and full-spectrum solar system
- Ability to develop and update professional knowledge and skills quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to apply professional knowledge and skills in the advancement of business objectives.
- Assesses own development needs and develops self to improve job performance and fulfill future potential. Contributes to the team ethos of the Company.
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through concise communication skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Vocational or technical school training is an advantage.
- Experience in a similar role is an advantage.
- Business-level fluency in major Nigerian languages, a plus.
- Dependability, attention to detail, cooperation, stress tolerance, concern for others, initiative, self-control, and independence are the desired prerequisites.
- Should possess requisite skill sets- active listening, speaking, reading, comprehension, critical thinking, performance monitoring, time management, people management, material resource management, judgment and decision making, teaching, coaching, and social awareness.
- Could work in outdoor weather conditions at certain times.
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations for extended periods of time.
- Salary: N100,000 Monthly (Based on experience).
- Husk offers flexible working conditions with employee benefits that are in line with global best practices.
- These include clear career growth planning, transparent annual review processes that are gender inclusive, maternity, and paternity leave, gender-inclusive workplace conditions, family health insurance, and frequent training to assist the employees to grow in and to the next roles.
- Husk does not believe in micromanagement and encourages its employees to have a healthy work-life balance hence giving them the freedom to manage their workload to be compatible with their life.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online