PalmPay is a pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania and expanding to other markets this year. We are reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
Job Position: Employee Relations Specialist
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- We are recruiting an Employee Relations Specialist who will be responsible for the development and administration of human resources policies and procedures that pertain to employee relations.
- The ideal holder will perform a variety of duties to promote employee welfare, such as resolving human relations problems and promoting employee health and well-being, and assisting management with performance concerns, disciplinary actions and conflict management issues.
- The selected person would be responsible for administering complex processes related to the delivery of Human Resources Employee Relations services within the organisation, conducting investigations, corrective actions, conflict resolutions, leave management, industrial/labour relations, and monitoring compliance programs.
- Manage the daily administration of the Company’s Employee Relations program and assist with the implementation of changes to Employee Relations policies and procedures.
- Shape and promote a culture of collaboration, trust and teamwork, throughout the organisation through leadership and effective communication.
- Coordinate efforts with the HR Department and other specialised HR functions to provide employees and management with excellent customer service.
- Explain company compensation and benefits programs, such as medical, insurance, and other programs, and enrol workers in specified programs.
- Provide administrative support and prepare, develop, and maintain a variety of recurring and non-recurring reports regarding operations, personnel and programs, and enter/update personnel forms and records as needed.
- Respond to questions and concerns regarding employee relations, benefits, records, training and development and other human resources programs.
- Develop reports, respond to non-routine operational program questions within guidelines, and provide administrative support.
- Promote the use and implementation of tools/technologies to gain efficiency in delivering HR solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology and other related fields.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience as an Employee Relations Specialist or similar role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment and labour laws.
- Prior experience in the Fintech industry is strongly preferred.
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of end-to-end commercial contract operations management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilising data management tools.
- Problem-solving capabilities and responsiveness to employee concerns and conflicting organisational needs.
- Well-developed integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Ability to maintain neutrality and calm demeanour in tense/conflict-ridden situations.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive environment in the workplace.
- Good leadership skills.
- Great interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online