MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through the compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Job Position: Engineer, Data Services Support
- Job Location: Golden Plaza, Lagos
- Anticipates problems and proffers solutions before the problems occur by gathering and analyzing data.
- Develop optimal and cost-effective Mobile Data Network strategy for MTNN, ensuring Mobile Data projects match marketing and sales requirements.
- Analyze and provide information on bandwidth usage, user application/experience, and critical upgrades on the Mobile Data Network.
- Monitor adherence to processes and procedures to ensure conformance to best practices, thereby identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Coordinate the implementation of Mobile Data Network planning functions to achieve the quality and key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as marketing and sales targets defined by the business.
- Coordinate vendor-related emergency maintenance on Mobile Data Network.
- Oversee constant tracking, monitoring, and resolving of faults on the Mobile/Enterprise Data Network.
- Oversee proper implementation of change requests and planned work.
- Understand the telecommunication industry’s local trends and developments, thereby assessing the impact on MTN’s current and future business.
- Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports, providing monthly and quarterly progress updates on Mobile Data projects.
- Support relevant units to develop the required contractual documents for Mobile Data projects, ensuring Mobile Data projects are implemented in accordance with the agreed plan and strategy.
- Provide high availability of the MTN Nigeria Packet Data Network through effective operation, proactive and reactive maintenance of the Packet Core and network service infrastructure to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- BEng, BTech or HND
Experience & Training:
- Minimum 3 years of GSM / WCDMA / 4G LTE-TDD & FDD / 5G Telecoms Experience.
- Experience in Ericsson Evolved Packet Core, NFVI, and SDN Cloud Protocols, Devices, and Certifications.
- Experience in UNIX / Linux Systems, SGSN / MME, DSC, F5 DNS, GGSN / EPG / PGW / SGW, DPI/SACC, Standards and Technologies
- Experience in F5 (DNS), Radius (AAA), PCRF (SAPC), DSC, VoLTE, and IMS Service Nodes.
- Experience working on complex, commercially sensitive Mobile Data Network projects (e.g., technology evaluations/integration, due diligence, etc.)
- Experience in support of a multi-vendor Mobile Data Network and Enterprise environment.
22nd March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online