ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992 as an Oil and Gas servicing company with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation, the company has grown in leaps and bounds, expanding its business horizon, but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
Job Position: Engineering – Risk and Loss Prevention Engineer / Specialist II
Job Location: Lagos
- Provide support for SHE Equipment Stewardship by ensuring effective execution of PMs consistent with performance standards
- Facilitate close out of deficiencies or non-conformances arising from SHE equipment – Firewater pumps, oil spill response equipment and lifeboats and life rafts stewardship
- Drive improvements in Safety/ER integrity programs – Safety Performance Standards, Dashboard
- Co-ordinate responses to CoP Network High Consequence Failure postings under the guidance of the integrity supervisor
- Support central maintenance organization in analyzing operating, maintenance and non-destructive testing data to establish remaining life of equipment and recommend repairs and/or replacement to extend unit run lengths
- Conduct / Coordinate Fire Water Demand Study – New or revalidate existing
- Review and endorse updated Equipment Strategy for life saving equipment for implementation in SAP
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project’s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- The prime objective for the SHE Specialist is to co-ordinate and facilitate safety equipment strategy development for the business unit. The role also provides support for routine and turnaround activities for the business unit.
In addition to all Level 1 tasks, Level 2:
- Participate in or lead risk studies or conduct consequence analyses, e.g., toxic gas dispersion modeling.
- Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
- Facilitate the SHE (Life Saving Equipment) Equipment Strategy program (to meet Global Reliability System (GRS) 135 and 136 requirements)
- Responsible to establish annual and five yearly SHE equipment strategy plans with the business teams for life saving equipment
- Update/optimize equipment strategies based upon incidents, equipment history, and analysis
- Steward equipment strategy implementation versus plan to the business team
- Facilitate process steps of the SHE Equipment strategy development process
- Provide support for maintenance and field teams for life saving equipment and oil spill response equipment
- Participate in the Life Saving Equipment CoP network as a network member, bringing global benefits to the site.
- Participate in peer assist and network activities (CoP, Fire Safety Reviews, Incident Learning, HLVI etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Experience Level: 8 Years and above
- Environmental, Health and Safety experience
- Loss Prevention experience
- Broad and extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
14th January, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.