Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
- Job Position: Engineering Programme Manager
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To drive the planning and management of the software delivery programme, portfolio and all projects, ensuring the adoption of the approved Programme Management methodology to enable the timely and profitable delivery of all projects.
- To interface with all relevant stakeholders that will enable the timely, successful delivery of software solutions.
- To drive the planning and management of ALL software design and delivery projects, and assign operations budget and resources across ALL Engineering projects.
- To anticipate challenges and deploy mitigation measures, and communicate progress with Chief Software Architect.
- To engage with relevant stakeholders that will enable the timely and successful delivery of software solutions.
Programme and Portfolio Management:
- Initiate and direct the governance and delivery of a programme and portfolios (a group of significant projects) within Engineering, using an appropriate programme management methodology to give assurance that intended outcomes are identified and achieved.
- Direct the planning and delivery of a wide range of information gathering and stakeholder consultation activities and specify, negotiate and agree on programme and project deliverables ensuring integration across the programme and portfolios
- Direct software programmes definition, and translate programme plan into activities in accordance with Interswitch mission and strategic objectives.
Programme and Portfolio Risk and Issue Management:
- Direct the management of risks, issues, dependencies, and constraints at the programme level. Where risks or issues threaten the delivery of the programme, develop and agree on recovery plans.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities within the programme and portfolio teams and ensure compliance with Interswitch’s-wider programme management decisionmaking structures and processes.
- Anticipate potential challenges and hindrances during the implementation of software programme and deploy mitigation measures in alignment with Team Leads, Engineering Function Heads, and Senior Project Managers.
- Submit monthly progress reports to Chief Software Architect, align on incoming projects and agree accordingly on resource allocation and budget estimations to prevent financial and capital discrepancies.
- Oversee the progress of software programme against assessment framework, and identify areas for improvement; communicate improvement opportunities with Senior Project Managers and lead execution.
Programme and Portfolio Team Management:
- Direct large Programme and multiple small to medium portfolio/projects teams. Define the programme and portfolio vision and communicate the outcomes needed along with guidance to achieve an outcome, coordinate team actions across programme/portfolio activities.
- Coordinate flow of additional team members on and off the team as needed and builds the capability of the team through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Formulate workforce planning reports and budget, including but not limited to setting performance objectives, monitoring performance, delivering constructive feedback, providing training, coaching and mentoring, identifying talent for pivotal roles from a succession management standpoint, and giving ad-hoc advice when necessary.
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement plans for programme and portfolios to identify relevant stakeholders, to develop positive stakeholder relationships, and to ensure that each stakeholder has an appropriate share of voice.
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders (i.e. group marketing and communications) to align on and leverage software marketing material.
Programme and Portfolio Resource Management:
- Negotiate and manage the deployment of programme and portfolio project resource budgets, providing forecasts and presenting variances with narrative at appropriate review points to ensure effective utilisation.
- Drive the development of software and testing plans, and align with team Leads and Heads on projects in the pipeline, to maintain alignment across all functions.
- Assign operations budget and resources for software development programme and secure the buy-in of the Chief Software Architect.
Programme and Portfolio Planning:
- Direct the production of and approve the programme and portfolio plans, ensuring that all activities are identified, appropriately organised to deliver programme and portfolio objectives, comply with the Interswitch’s project and programme management framework, and comply with the Interswitch’s wider governance structure and processes.
- Develop and manage the delivery of a plan to evaluate and track business benefits and to identify actions needed to maximise these.
- Education General Education University Post Graduate Degree in Business, Finance or Technology related field.
- Experience General Experience At least 10 years’ wide and deep expert experience in IT project and programme management, preferable using Agile methodology.
- Managerial Experience At least 5 years’ experience leading a team of Senior Project Managers, as well as planning, managing and organising resources within short/medium timescales within the overall policy framework.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online