New Incentives is a pioneer in a growing movement of giving small incentives to caregivers whose infants get immunized, while increasing awareness of the health benefits of childhood vaccinations.
Job Position: Entry-Level Field Officer
Job Location: Kebbi
- We are looking to identify Field Officers that will help to expand its team dedicated to preventing child mortality in Kebbi State in Nigeria. This post is strictly for contingency purposes and to identify candidates for future scaling (potentially).
- The Field Officers will support the New Incentives program that utilizes cash transfers to encourage mothers to complete the immunization schedule of their infants.
- The program is operated in cooperation with the State Primary Healthcare Development Board in Kebbi State. The primary duty in the role will be enrolling beneficiaries at public clinics.
Field Officers are hired full-time and work at clinics throughout Kebbi State and must already be based/reside in one of the following LGA / Towns:
- Arewa Dandi
- Birnin Kebbi
- Over the past years, Nigeria has considerably expanded the availability of vaccination services for infants. Despite this progress on the supply side, demand for vaccinations remains relatively low.
- New Incentives encourage mothers to fully vaccinate their infants with cash transfers and thereby ensures their babies are protected against deadly diseases.
- The cash transfers allow the mothers to afford transport to the clinic and compensate them for lost income.
- Enrolling beneficiaries at remote public clinics
- Monitor immunization services at your clinic
- Interact with clinic staff and beneficiaries
- Conduct high-quality rapid assessment
- Assist with other duties related to the program
- Please note that this is a hands-on job for hard-working, dedicated young candidates.
- Minimum of National Diploma, ideally Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of Health or other Natural Sciences
- Fluency in local languages/dialects spoken in Kebbi, especially Hausa. Please state the names of the languages/dialects you can speak and your fluency level for each language in your cover letter.
- Nigerian national already based in Kebbi State
- Willingness to work at remote public clinics a few days per week and take public transport to reach them
- Experience with the Nigerian health system and clinic documentation, particularly related to infant health and vaccinations
- Experience in collecting, synthesizing, and drawing conclusions from (health) data is desirable
- Careful attention to financial matters and management of funds
- Detail-oriented, diligent professional
- Passion to help others and reduce infant mortality
- Very good communications and writing skills, English, Hausa, and dialects (verbal and written)
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel, internet browsers, smartphones, and new communications technology in general
- Hard-working, result-oriented and loyal
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure.
23rd February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online