Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
Job Title: Health Assistant ( 2 positions)
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Health Assistant to join our team in our Yobe office.
- This person will provide technical support to the Health Officer for the effective implementation of the health component of the multi-sectoral project, particularly in the management of childhood illness, COVID -19 and CMAM in Bade, Yobe State.
- Assist the health officer and respective hospital authorities, conduct training needs assessment for the PHC staff in the respective health facilities on the CMAM and IMNCI.
- Facilitate and organize training on CMAM and IMNCI for the relevant Health Workers (HWs) based on the findings from the training assessment.
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervision visits to all Action Against Hunger supported Clinics and CMAM outreaches to ensure good quality of services.
- Follow up with HWs at the respective Clinics and OTPs to ensure the staff sends the stock reports (medicine and therapeutic products) to the respective authorities on a monthly basis.
- Assist the health Officer to prepare and organize regular coordination meetings with SNO, relevant hospital authorities, and HWs on the issue of CMAM In-Patient management.
- Work closely with the HWs in hospitals and OTP sites as well as CVs for an effective follow up of children discharged from the hospitals to the health facilities for a better continuation of the CMAM treatment.
- Diploma in Science with a major in Nursing, community health, or Nutrition. 1-year experience in inpatient nutritional treatment essential, IMNCI, and CMAM approach.
- Must an indigene and reside in Bade or Nguru LGA
- Previous experiences in CMAM programming.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to network effectively with local representatives of international aid organizations for exchange of information.
- Experienced in working in Northern Nigeria and well-integrated into the local community
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, and English.
- Minimum Monthly Salary: 156,995 Naira
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.