Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Job Position: Environment Mananger
- Job Code: HSSE – 001
- Job Location: Obajana, Kogi
- Implement and coordinate all environment activities at the plant.·
- Coordinate environmental monitoring activities and enforce compliance to regulations
- Develop, implement and maintain a consistent strategy to the management of environmental issues in the plant.
- Ensure continual reduction of environmental Risks associated with OCPs operations, to as low as reasonable practicable (ALARP).
- Champion Environmental issues in the plant.
- Manage, direct and inspire a team of independent professionals in the field of industrial environmental management.
- Offer specialist advice on environmental issues to DCP MANAGEMENT
- Support the development and implementation of environmental management as parts of HSE management system in line with DCP policies.
- Shall offer advice specific environmental issues during operation and maintenance on waste handling storage and disposals.
- Investigating environmental incidence to identify the root causes and measures to forestall future occurrences.
- Shall act as DCP Regulatory compliance adviser and shall advice and direct DCP management on acceptable environmental standard and ensure compliance.
- To establish processes and targets for incorporating environmental and safety standards into DCP business so as achieve business and corporate objectives.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
- Professional qualifications from an HSE body such as British Safety Council (BSC), Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), Nigeria Institute of Safety professionals (ISPON) and NEBOSH.
- Membership of Safety professional body such as IOSH and ISPON.
- Minimum 18years relevant work experience.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industries.
- Adequate knowledge of Safety and Environmental management requirements & regulations.
- Adequate knowledge of environmental monitoring and sampling techniques.
- Very good knowledge of OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001, and ISO 9001 will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualfied candidates should:
Click here to apply online