PYXERA Global is a nonprofit organization that envisions a world in which individuals, corporations, organizations, and institutions from different points of view converge to address complex challenges through sustainable, mutually beneficial, and inclusive efforts. For over a quarter-century, PYXERA Global’s Enterprise & Community Development (ECD) programs have collaborated with diverse partners to build resilient and entrepreneurial ecosystems around the world through community-driven solutions.
Job Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Locations: Zaria, Kudan – Kaduna and Kafur – Katsina
- We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer. The position is full-time and community based in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Office, Nigeria.
- This position will work with the Rayuwa Nigeria team to design an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing resilient agriculture and accountable education in the region.
- The Rayuwa project is funded by the John Deere Foundation and is housed within the Enterprise and Community Development Division of PYXERA Global.
- The Rayuwa project involves collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context.
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will support and work with the Rayuwa Nigeria project team to design, plan, manage, monitor, and evaluate the project’s resilient agriculture and accountable education activities.
- The ideal candidate will have significant work experience in multi-sector and integrated development programs, leading teams, designing and starting up projects, and managing learning for iterative and adaptive projects related to community agriculture and education in rural settings.
- As part of the Rayuwa Nigeria team, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will also exemplify the Rayuwa Values (below) and value and encourage teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic across all members of the team.
The M&E Officer will report directly to the Rayuwa Nigeria Project Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for program planning, monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management
- Identify program performance indicators with the team
- Support the Project Director in developing quality assurance strategies for data gathering, management, and analysis
- Assist in program design and work plan development in the field, in consultation with the Project Director, in-country stakeholders, and PYXERA Global DC Office
- Identify promising areas of research and programming that present opportunities for innovation and/or fill potential gaps in project initiatives. Work with the Project Director and relevant Rayuwa Nigeria team members to assess the value and/or adaptability of the concepts to the local context and program model
- Establish and manage internal M&E systems for effective and efficient project data management and reporting
- Design, adapt, and apply quantitative and qualitative tools to assess program activities
- Orient and train project staff in understanding and applying results-oriented monitoring & evaluation policies, tools & methods; encourage Rayuwa Nigeria team to appreciate the importance and value of M&E
- Assess the needs and coordinate capacity development initiatives for M&E data collection and management
- Assist the Rayuwa Nigeria team in the development of regular programmatic reports to PYXERA Global DC Office per donor and partner requirements
- Conduct frequent site visits to observe trainings, monitor activities for compliance, and engage and build relationships with the community
- Ensure that project evaluations are carried out according to schedule; relay findings and recommendations to the Program Director and staff in a timely manner
- Demonstrates commitment to the Rayuwa Values: honesty, transparency, integrity, humility, freedom to innovate, equality, keeping a “light” attitude, quality, teamwork, focus on the goals, accountability to all partners, and monitoring to learn and improve.
- Supervise the work of M&E Assistant
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Agriculture, Education, Rural / Community Development, Sustainable Development, or related field of study
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in monitoring and evaluation within a community-based, rural agricultural, or educational programs
- Technical knowledge and experience in statistical analysis, research, and report writing
- Knowledge of rural farming communities and educational system and programs in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna region
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing research, baseline surveys, reports writing, quality data collection, management and analysis, DQAs, performance monitoring plan (PMP)
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, PowerPoint & Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis skills, case study writing, and formative research
- Practical hands-on experience using mobile data collection applications, such as CommCare or ODK, in rural settings and supervising the work of enumerators with different skillsets
- Relevant work experience using local education monitoring approach (LEMA), Lot quality assurance sampling (LQAs) approach, Group administered literacy assessment (GALA), etc.
- Excellent facilitation skills, familiarity with training-of-trainer (ToT) approaches and methodologies, and competencies to use tailor-made and diversified facilitation/training methods and tools
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; proven working in a multi-cultural team setting on multi-year programs
- Experience leading project design and start-up activities preferred
- Experience with iterative and adaptive project management preferred
- Excellent writing skills – writing sample required.
- Well-versed in computer and internet operations and developing analytical reports.
- Fluent in English, proficiency in Hausa strongly required.
- Professional experience working in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Region, Nigeria preferred.
- Advance use of Microsoft Excel to build basic models
- Demonstrated Experience conducting yield measurement and productivity analysis of Maize, Rice, Soybean, Sorghum and Cowpea in a multicrop setting
- Demonstrated skills to coordinate and work with multiple teams in synthesizing project activities report
- Ability to use Microsoft teams or Google Drive for knowledge management and collaborative development of reports
- Ability to design and develop surveys in ODK using XLSForms.
6th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume, Cover Letter, expected compensation package and list of three professional references to: ECDOps@pyxeraglobal.org using “PYXERA Global Rayuwa Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation Officer” as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.
- To be considered for this position, candidates must fill out the attached form above. Please confirm completion of the form in your email.
- If you a prompted to sign in to complete the application, use the details below: Username: applicant ; Password: MandE2022.