African Industries is a diverse group focused on development of steel industry in Nigeria using international technology and quality comparable to international standards in the manufacture of Iron rod, Angle, billets, wire rod, nails, BRC mesh and other steel profiles with over giving employment to around 8,000 local Nigerians directly and indirectly guided by a strong work force of trained managers who have decades of experience on steel industries abroad. The Group currently operates in eight different locations within Nigeria, and exports its products mainly to other West African nations.
- Job Position: Excavator Operator
- Job Location: Lagos
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Preparing and positioning plant for operation on site.
- Operate the machine and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments such as buckets, scoops, shovel blades, rock breaking hammers, winches and blades.
- Work with ground personnel.
- Operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials.
- Working from drawings, markers and verbal instructions.
- Servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs.
- Typically, 3 to 5 years’ experience within the construction industry.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating an Excavator
- Full Drivers Licence
- Knowledge of Excavator and other heavy equipment.
- Strong Communication skills
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Attention to detail
- Must be living with Ikorodu.
N67,000 / month.
1st February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.