The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) that funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster the economic development and social progress of its member countries.
- Job Position: Executive Assistant
- Ref No: IDB2566
- Job Location: Abuja
- Business Unit: Country Programs Complex
- Department: Country relations and services Africa & Latin America
- Division: Not Applicable
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Hub including all office management and administrative functions.
- Serve as the key interface with the broad range of contacts including high-ranking officials, maintaining protocol and schedules.
- Prioritize tasks and organize work independently based on general direction from the Manager.
- Provide technical and analytical assistance to the Hub Manager in the annual planning of work and coordinated activities.
- Coordinate periodic meetings of the Hub including preparation and issuance of Agenda and Minutes of Meetings.
- Prepare response to all issues and proposals referred to the Hub Manager for consideration.
- Assist the Hub Manager in drafting proposals that will be submitted to the higher authority for approval.
Policies & Procedures:
- Assist in updating of policies and procedures under the supervision of the Hub Manager.
- Support the Hub Manager in ensuring compliance with policies and guidelines in operational work in Regional Hub.
Coordination & Follow-Up:
- Coordinate and follow up the organization of meetings/events and facilitate logistics arrangements in collaboration with the concerned Departments.
- Regularly follow up for the periodic reports, feedback on queries raised, and resolving pending issues with the concerned Unit / Manager.
Reporting & Communication:
- Assist in covering the proceedings of the Hub’s Periodic Meetings as well as Meetings of specialized Committees established for specific project or agendas.
- Respond to inquiries, coordinate their resolution, and advise on relevant policies and procedures and their implementation.
- Assist the Hub Manager in preparing the periodic reports that will be sent to the HQ or higher authority.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date calendar of the Hub Manager.
- Coordinate the arrangement of travel and logistical requirements of the Hub Manager for missions and events.
- Independently handle and prepare all correspondence and internal memorandums on routine and outstanding issues.
- Post-Secondary Diploma.
- English (mandatory)
- French (mandatory)
- Arabic (preferred)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar field, preferably in a multi-lateral development sector.
- Experience in working with senior-level executives.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
- Advanced MS Office-Word, Excel & PowerPoint Skills
- SAP ERP knowledge as a user.
- Excellent drafting and report writing skills.
- Excellent organizing skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Diplomacy and Tact.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to work under pressure.
- High level of dedication, willing to work long hours.
- Proficiency in the local language mandatory.
- Travel as needed
21st April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online