James Hope University Business School is a postgraduate university committed to learning, research and knowledge creation. We aspire to raise a community of people with exceptional qualities and leadership skills to help create value and proffer solutions to pressing global issues in our world today. Through our world class teaching, outstanding research institutions and scholarship programs, we are committed to improving the world today by educating aspiring leaders that would be a great service to the nation and world.
Job Position: Executive Assistant
Job Location: Lagos
- This is a full-time on-site role. The Executive Assistant is expected to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s senior-level academic team and perform day-to-day tasks such as handling phone calls, scheduling meetings, managing calendars, organizing files, and bookkeeping.
- Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to managing calendars, working on pitch decks and preparing expense reports. Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf.
- To be successful in this role, the Executive Assistant should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Must have strong writing and review skills, skills in PowerPoint presentation
- Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports
- Oversee the performance of other clerical staff
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory
- Format information for internal and external communication memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Proven work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional appearance to represent our organization.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, creative and willing to take work independently
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Relevant skills and qualifications that would be beneficial include: experience in a higher education setting, and experience in project management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information of three references to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.