Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Job Position: Executive Assistant
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Supports the General Manager and his/her team by assisting on administrative responsibilities.
- Duties include organizing, composing and distributing correspondence to both employees and guests, initial response and follow up to inquiries and collecting and tracking problem resolution information.
Providing Documentation and Reporting Support:
- Assists managers in preparation of various reports and presentations.
- Attends, transcribes and distributes minutes, and participate in staff meetings, executive committee meeting and department meetings as needed.
- Makes new files, maintains existing files.
- Maintains giveaway/donation files and assists in making reservations.
- Provides administrative support to manager/s and department.
- Composes, produces and signs correspondence on routine matters.
- Produces and distributes correspondence as required.
- Answers department phones.
- Acts as a receptionist for manager and, when necessary, other department members, providing assistance to callers as required.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensures the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Attends meetings and communicates with executive and peers as an effort to improve quality of service.
- Ensures VIP amenity requests from GM/DOPS are handled in timely manner.
- Signs for managers and release, with specific permission.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities.
- Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the administrative assistance, clerical services, or related professional area.
- 2-year Degree from an accredited university in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Good use and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Planning, organization and scheduling skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online