PIF Africa is transforming private enterprises into champions of industry, and building the capacity of public & non-profit organizations, to drive Africa’s sustainable socio-economic development. This is through our unique investment, consulting & advisory approach leveraging on our diverse areas of expertise in our priority sectors.
Job Position: Executive Assistant to the Director, PIF Africa
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Support the origination efforts and management of new clients and opportunities.
- Assist in client coverage and management of key accounts.
- Undertake research and analysis on prospective clients, companies, and industries as required.
- Manage memberships and accreditations.
- Manage relationships with key vendors and stakeholders.
- Assist with all due diligence related activities as required.
Strategic Planning & Business Development:
- Assist in identifying and developing strategic initiatives for PIF and following through with the implementation.
- Assist with the preparation of transactions documents such as engagement letters, proposals, presentations, memoranda, reports etc. for investment and advisory services.
- Conduct risk assessments on project proposals and propose risk mitigation methodologies.
- Manage onboarding of clients, and execution of scope of work for clients.
- Assist in developing proposals for clients in line with client requirements.
- Conduct KYC checks and gather relevant information on clients, contractors, advisors, and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in deal meetings and maintain client relationships as required.
- Administer the processes associated with deals e.g., procurement of consultants, internal coordination, issue invoices, manage receivables, process disbursement requests etc.
- Assist with the development of presentations and proposals for opportunities.
- Provide any additional business development support as required.
Communication & Coordination:
- Assist in communicating the PIF Africa’s Mandate both internally and externally, as well as providing reliable and confidential feedback.
- Coordinate the research, writing and distributions of marketing communication.
- Prepare presentations and speeches for delivery at events, as well as draft letters and emails.
- Develop and maintain an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Arrange conference calls, schedule meetings and oversee logistics for meetings.
- Attend external and internal meetings.
- Manage and file confidential information appropriately.
- Prepare reports to clients and relevant stakeholders.
- Administer internal and external correspondence.
- Maintain distribution lists, contacts and stakeholder register.
- Business Performance Tracking and Reporting.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A strong First Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Civil engineering, Finance, or a related field of study is a plus.
- Relevant certifications related to project management.
- 2 to 3 years professional work experience in business development, operations, finance or related fields.
- Good client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrable experience in research.
- Previous professional experience or training in research, analysis and presentations.
- Highly proficient in the development of Microsoft Excel analysis, and the development and review of Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations for marketing purposes (pitchbooks).
- A good understanding of finance, project management and investments.
- Ability to write memoranda.
- Ability to negotiate key legal documentation.
- Strong quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed communication and business writing skills, power of persuasion as well as the ability to interface directly and effectively with senior officers of a variety of potential clients.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organisational skills. Must be able to manage a wide variety of tasks and requests competently daily.
- Flexibility and ability to work with limited supervision. A self-starter, able to assume the initiative following basic leads provided by senior colleagues and team members.
- High level of creativity and capacity to develop innovative ideas or work with others to build up ideas, transmit to clients and execute.
- Ability to manage multiple business priorities within a regularly changing landscape. Able to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines regularly.
- Ability to generate new business leads towards enhancing the overall business development efforts of the organization.
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks.
- Good understanding and experience in finance, investments, and project management.
- Good knowledge of financial products.
- Good understanding of business operations.
- Good understanding of business development, sales and strategy.
- Basic ability to draft key proposals, scope of work, engagement letters etc.
- Good market knowledge of the investment and industrial sectors in Africa.
- Strong research skills, with a clear capacity to develop research material using publicly available information, and by leveraging various networks and internal resources available.
- Solid communication and writing skills (fluency in English).
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice.
31st October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.